Greetings From Mid-Mo

Guest joyfilledwoman

Guest joyfilledwoman

Hello,

Greetings from Mid-Missouri! Hope your day was filled with blessings. My name is Sallee (Suh-lee, not Sal- lee) and I am an author, blogger, and poet. Journaling and writing poetry started my journey as a writer. However, I never thought of writing as a career. As an adult college student, I took two writing classes and both of my professors told me that I should consider writing professionally. I filed that information away and started sharing my poems publicly. Blogging entered my life in 2012 in the form of a faith blog and a food blog. This year I self-published a paper back book, Fractured into Faithful: Poetry from the Heart and developed a website, www.salleebonhamwrites.com. What will the future hold? I am currently working on a cookbook and a children's book. (slowly)

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Guest joyfilledwoman

Thanks for the welcome. I have been browsing through the Tools and Resources tab and am working on making my ten posts as a newbie. Five down and five to go. :D

Welcome to this site. From what you said I imagine you have written for years. Being a writer does not mean we have to be published. We share in others ways like letters and blogging. Seeing what we write put into print is something all writers long for. I am glad you have been able to get some things published.

Guest joyfilledwoman

Welcome to this site. From what you said I imagine you have written for years. Being a writer does not mean we have to be published. We share in others ways like letters and blogging. Seeing what we write put into print is something all writers long for. I am glad you have been able to get some things published.

I have been writing a long time. However, I didn't share any of my writing for years. The first time I did submit something was the scariest moment in my life. If I could have snatched that envelope back out of the mailbox, I would have. lol....lol I agree that you don't have to published to be a writer. I have to write. The words start forming into phrases, lines, and poems in my brain and will not leave me alone until I write them down. It happens at bedtime, in the middle of the night, and when I'm driving. Blessing or Bane? lol...lol

Archived