Writing Is God's Gift

Guest kayking0@gmail.com

Guest kayking0@gmail.com

Hi everyone.

I am new to this. I only became aware of my love of writing when I went to Uni when I was 44. I used to love to research and write the assignments. I stopped writing for over 10 years, and came back to it early this year. I had to write an application for a course in Spiritual Direction. I found that I loved writing and that I had missed it.

When I didn't get into the course, I thought that I wouldn't write anymore, but things have changed.

I write (type) in my journal every night - about 4 pages, and am experiencing a real need to write. I wrote a piece about my experience with Post Natal Depression. That needed to come out.

I am still a novice at this, but a few people have said to me 'You've got a book in you'. I have been told that I write like I speak, and that people can hear me speak when they read my writing. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

I have no idea what or where to go from here.

All I know is that I need to write, and I believe God has given me this gift for some reason.

Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out.

Kay

Hi Kay! Welcome to Christian Writers. The fact that people are telling you that you have a "book in you" and that you

have a desire to write; tells me that you want to write. Writing is something that comes from within; a desire to put

your feelings and thoughts on paper--or in this case--on a computer.

If this desire to write continues, begin writing about what interests you or write about topics that you think need

to be explored. Give it a try and see what happens. The good Lord will show you the way and guide you in this endeavor.

Best wishes on your writing!

Toni :)

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. As you travel this path, be sure you research everything before jumping into anything, especially publishing. Ask tons of questions. There are things to avoid. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Hi Kay! Great to have you here!

I think many here can relate to that need to write. Sometimes we're to use our writing abilities to serve others (they can benefit from reading our work), and sometimes the writing helps us (lets us get things out, as you mentioned). Whatever God's plans for your writing, I wish you success.

:) Amy

Archived