New Believer, New Creation In Christ

mzpresser

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and as per the instructions (I'm a type A to the max if you can't already telll lol) I am posting here to introduce myself. I am a new believer (been saved about a year) who came to Christ as a broken, hurting person. Since entering the kingdom and finding my Christ, I have begun my journey to true freedom in Him. I am a Jewish believer who has had a dream of being a writer since I was a little girl. Somehow along the way I got lost (way lost I am an attorney now). In finding myself in Christ, the good Lord has led me back to my true passion- writing. He has been restoring the years the locusts have eaten in my life, and in this discovery has unearthed my passion for not only writing, but writing for Him and about Him. I am excited to see where this journey will take me. Love and light to you all. :)

Melissa

Wow, praise Jesus for making you free! Welcome to forum, and thanks for sharing. Personally I'm a blogger, but one day plan on starting an e-book with Kindle Direct or some service like that. For now blogging is a great outlet. What kind of writing are you interested in getting into more?

I eventually would love to write an autobiographical account if my life leading to and ending up in Jesus. BC I had a blog that I really enjoyed writing so I'd like to do that again except this time around use it to glorify God!!! I also would love to write articles, especially related to Jewish people finding their Messiah and working moms. I have a very real, raw perspective and like to talk about the hard subjects others may not want to talk about.

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the God's family! Nice to have another sister! ;) And welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

I realize you've just started, so I hope you don't mind some suggestions I've learned from the experts. You might want to add:

*a photo above the fold, meaning it is seen without scrolling down

*a subscription form for readers to sign up for emailed and RSS feed posts

*a welcome of some sort

*the copyright with year at the footer

*icons and links for social media

*a followers box

*your name more prominently displayed. I almost missed it.

You would need a sidebar to add these. But you've done a nice job. Your site looks great. :D

That is a great looking blog so far, the picture is beautiful. Wordpress is a quality way to go. I have bookmarked it and followed it from my wordpress blog I hardly ever use. I use Blogger now cause I found it easier and I could monetize it easier with Adsense. Blogs are always a work in progress. I will read it when I can as well, but sounds interesting. :) Glad for you to just get writing again, it is such a joy to have a platform to write and be heard.

I could really use some advice about where to begin with my God sized dream. I am praying about my writing and would love some advice on how you get into the business. I began a blog and have an interest in writing articles. I believe I have a unique perspective as a Jewish believer and also as a working mom looking to get out of the rat race. Any advice would be so helpful! Thanks in advance :)

I would look into Kindle Direct to publish an e-book for free, and also just keep blogging. Some people don't like the aspects of learning how to build a blog though and would rather just write and have an audience, for this I would check out Hubpages. Hubpages is a great writing site where you'll reach an audience and even earn money from your articles. Hope this helps, blessings in Jesus.

Archived