My Profile

Guest veryrich

Guest veryrich

Hi everybody,

I'm Richard McCaw. I've been writing from 10 years old, a long time ago. My first 2 poems were published at that age. Later I wrote short stories, and a teen serial regulary for a Christian magazine, and became a devotional columnist for a local weekly newspaper. I wrote 1 teenage book which was serialized for another Youth magazine, and articles, poetry and short stories for various other magazines. I also wrote and self published "The Art of Playing by Ear" Piano Technique in 1991 and had 200 students in England, Canada, the U.S. and the Caribbean islands, where I've ministered. God gave me two prominent gifts, music and writing. That allowed me to preach in schools in the mornings and win teenagers for Christ and then teach music at home in the afternoons. Later, I became a youth pastor, then an elder and a pastor for a Community church. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and I still teach piano, guitar, violin and voice in my home studio to earn my bread and butter. I am married with 6 lovely children, 4 boys and 2 girls, all musicians, and 1 poet, all big people now, except the last boy who is only 19, whose passion is to preach and reach street people.

More later.

Shalom! Blessings!

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Archived