Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carol Peterson

Praying Daily For Our Writing

Thank you Jesus for the steadfastness of some, the efforts of others, the persevering family of God as we draw closer to You. We are all grateful for You, for allowing us to write, for the moments when another writer reaches out to encourage us. We pray to make Your heart happy today as You watch us...

I discovered a long time ago the value of having a prayer partner team in Christian ministry. The shield of protection God provides in response to those prayers is unbelievable! I just sat down with my pastor's wife the other day as an accountability and prayer partner to which she agreed. I also have a group of prayer warriors who have begun praying over the call of writing God has given me. Does anyone else do something like this?

Dear Jesus, thank you for our writing time--even the writing time that is spent doing things only related to actual placing words on paper.

Some days we feel like all we're doing is organizing and helping other writers. Please remind us that those duties are important to you and in fact, those duties may be more important eternally than the hours we spend deciding whether or not to use past perfect tense in a sentence.

Please remind us that writing is part of life and that our lives belong to you. Please encourage us so that we can encourage others in your name. Amen.

I also have a group of prayer warriors who have begun praying over the call of writing God has given me. Does anyone else do something like this?

Yes, Swimkick, I have folks who pray for my writing. This thread though is also intended to do that. I found I wasn't always praying before I wrote. Once I decided to make myself accountable for praying for others here, I did better at praying for my own writing.

Keep praying.

Yes, Swimkick, I have folks who pray for my writing. This thread though is also intended to do that. I found I wasn't always praying before I wrote. Once I decided to make myself accountable for praying for others here, I did better at praying for my own writing.

Keep praying.

Thank you. I pray as I write. But there is some spiritual warfare going on that cropped up recently. Having problems with one of my adult daughters. She took a recent blog post I wrote personally when it had nothing to do with her. Very rough right now.

I learned with martial arts ministry then pastoral ministry later the need for intercessors outside of my family.

I can relate to spiritual warfare. Just recently, I felt it when watching a DVD. There wasn't anything bad about the DVD but it dealt briefly with foretelling the future--which I don't believe in. I've praying to be released from those negative feelings and I know God will take away that anxiety. I will pray for you, too, Swimkick that your situation with your daughters improve. If you will, will you pray for me, too?

Toni :)

Like some, I've been away from Christian Writers for awhile and it feels so good and right to be back. Dear Lord, I pray for everyone on this site that their writing goes well today, that they spread the Good News in their writings and interactions with others. Thank you and praise you, dear Lord, for all you do for us each day--be it our writing and other activities. Thank you for the opportunity and privilege to share your words with others.

Toni

Dearest Lord Jesus, thank you for another glorious day. Please help us look forward to whatever you have planned today with excited expectation. Amen.

I can relate to spiritual warfare. Just recently, I felt it when watching a DVD. There wasn't anything bad about the DVD but it dealt briefly with foretelling the future--which I don't believe in. I've praying to be released from those negative feelings and I know God will take away that anxiety. I will pray for you, too, Swimkick that your situation with your daughters improve. If you will, will you pray for me, too?

Toni :)

Absolutely! Sometimes we discern that something could be a problem for us and we need to be watchful for places Satan may try to gain a foothold.

Precious Lord, we are indeed grateful for your grace as well as the wisdom and discernment you give us. I pray right now for Toni Star. Guide her in the understanding she needs to discern what is churning in her heart. Give her Your peace that You are taking hold of the thoughts she has, bringing every one of them into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5). We love you, Lord. Thank you for the privilege of allowing us to share your message through writing. Guide and direct our minds and hands. May You use the small offering we have and multiply it. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Hopefully, this comes out okay for you. I have this on my wall above my desk. The graphic is from MS Word graphics. The words were inspired from the Indiana Faith and Writing Conference October 2014. You are welcome to use it or reword it for yourselves if you wish.

Absolutely! Sometimes we discern that something could be a problem for us and we need to be watchful for places Satan may try to gain a foothold.

Precious Lord, we are indeed grateful for your grace as well as the wisdom and discernment you give us. I pray right now for Toni Star. Guide her in the understanding she needs to discern what is churning in her heart. Give her Your peace that You are taking hold of the thoughts she has, bringing every one of them into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5). We love you, Lord. Thank you for the privilege of allowing us to share your message through writing. Guide and direct our minds and hands. May You use the small offering we have and multiply it. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

"Thank you so much for your lovely prayer! Something happened around 11:30 this morning and I just feel so much better! This issue is gone but I am going to be more vigilant on what I watch and how I interpret it. Prayer is so powerful and so wonderful!

Many thanks" Toni

Dear Jesus, thank you for this day and all you have planned. Thank you for words and the skill you've given us to string them together in a way that others can understand. Please encourage us in our writing today and help us encourage others. Amen.

Good morning. I'd like to start a thread where we can pray for our writing. I know there's an open forum for non-writing related prayer requests. I'd like this thread just for writing, so have started it in the Writer's Lounge. Maybe others would like to join in or just read through to pray along with me.

+++++

Good morning Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day and for another opportunity to use us for your good purpose. Thank you, Jesus for showing us that we each have a ministry. We're grateful that one of our ministries is writing.

Holy Spirit, please work in us today. Please help us be attuned to your leading, your inspiration, and encouragement. Let us be your hands in this world through our writing and let all of the writing we do be for YOUR glory! Amen.

What a great Idea. I must admit I haven't been doing this but I promise I will start today and never stop. I sometimes get frustrated because I can't think of anything to write about. I'm certain part of the reason is my lack of thanking God for this special gift. You have truly inspired me. Thank you so much.

Thank you Jesus for this glorious day and for all you have planned. Please help us lean into your leading and not hesitate to leave our own ideas behind when you show us a better way. Please help us with our writing in a way that "our ideas" become what you had in mind from the beginning. Please help us get out of our own way and follow your way. Amen.

Thank you, Father for this day. Thank you, Holy Spirit for your presence in our lives. Thank you, Jesus for saving us and giving us something truly important to tell others about. Please help us do so today in our writing so that you are glorified. Amen.

Today looks like a great day for writing... thank you Father. It also looks like a great day for kindness, mercy, encouragement - thank You. Help this group of writers and all those we touch to pause and look at Jesus... then to turn back to the opportunities of living in grace that You give.

Thank you for the Christian writers you have placed together in this group. Please help us encourage each other today. Help us also find ways to encourage others through our writing so that you are glorified. Amen.

Thank you for leading us in prayer every day, Carol.

I am asking for prayer for myself and my husband. I had an infection that landed me in the emergency room over the weekend. They sent me home with antibiotics which helped, but I had a serious allergic reaction. My immune system is a mess from auto immune disorders already. Still feeling very rough today. Tough to focus my writing and get other important things done.

My husband has back issues and recently hurt it working on our house. He miserable with pain.

Thank you very much!

Dear Jesus, we need your help today and every day as we write. Sometimes we need you to help us get the words down as quickly as they spring into our heads. Other times, we need you to help us find the shovel so we can dig the words that are hiding beneath the surface of our consciousness. But in all things, for all days, we need you. Thank you for providing exactly what we need, even when we are unsure ourselves. Amen.

Dear Jesus, thank you for taking hold of our writing and making it what you desire. Please forgive our stubbornness when we make our own plans for writing and simply ask you to bless our efforts. Help us always follow your leading instead of trying to do the leading ourselves. Amen.

Dear Jesus, we are writers. But we are also your children and we are trying our best to live these lives you have given us. We have people we care for, events that are stressful, worries we burden. Please remind us that you have us covered, held and lifted up. Please then help us use those experiences and your love for us to write the pieces and stories that will illuminate the way for others to find you, too. Amen.

With Swimkick - thank you for your prayers Carol.

Today Lord - let us be sitting at Your feet listening as we write. Thank you for all who are writing for You - thank You for blessing us so that we may bless others - may we bless the world and bring honor to You.

Good morning. I'd like to start a thread where we can pray for our writing. I know there's an open forum for non-writing related prayer requests. I'd like this thread just for writing, so have started it in the Writer's Lounge. Maybe others would like to join in or just read through to pray along with me.

+++++

Good morning Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day and for another opportunity to use us for your good purpose. Thank you, Jesus for showing us that we each have a ministry. We're grateful that one of our ministries is writing.

Holy Spirit, please work in us today. Please help us be attuned to your leading, your inspiration, and encouragement. Let us be your hands in this world through our writing and let all of the writing we do be for YOUR glory! Amen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.