Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carol Peterson

Praying Daily For Our Writing

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for creating seasons for us and for giving us linear time so that we could see backwards and plan forwards for our lives here on earth. As we approach the end of our calendar year, many of us are scrambling to finish manuscripts, meet deadlines and work toward goals. Please help us in our desires to achieve these but make it for your glory and make it secondary to praising and worshipping you, Jesus as we celebrate your gift to us of becoming human for our sake. Thank you Holy Spirit, for working in and through us today. Amen.

Dear Father God - thank you for seasons. You knew us so well when you created this amazing world that we would appreciate variety and so you gave it to us in everything around us, even the times of year. As we settle inside our homes and offices, please warm our hearts and souls with your love and with stories you wish us to share with your people. Amen.

Holy Spirit we thank you for the abundance of ideas you flood our brains with. Please help us keep them organized until and while we turn them into words and stories. Jesus, thank you for your example of explaining truths to others through your words and story-telling parables. Father, thank you for this gift of writing we love so much. Use it all for your glory, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Holy Spirit thank you so much for the ideas you flood our minds with. Thank you Father for the gift of writing. Thank you Jesus for your gift of salvation. Please help us write for you today. Amen.

Thank you Jesus for working in our lives and for using us as your hands and feet. Holy Spirit, continue to help us write the words you want to share with the world through us. Father, thank you for this world - it is yours and it is glorious. Amen.

Holy Spirit, thank you for being our constant companion and guide. Thank you for being with us during the thrill of creativity. Thank you also for being with us during those parts of our writing that require detailed care and tedium. Please keep us focused on the task at hand and let it be for your glory. Amen.

Heavenly Father we thank you for this day to love you and be loved by you. Jesus thank you for the salvation you brought to us, providing grace and mercy we don't deserve. Holy Spirit, we thank you for days when you nudge us along on roller skates with our writing, spinning us in circles and letting us fly so free the world becomes a beautiful blur of color. Some days though we need you to drag us forward, lead us around the rink with one hand on the railing so we don't fall. For those of us who are in that phase of writing, please keep us strong and help us know that you are holding us up and urging us forward. Let us hear your music. Amen.

When morning gilds the skies my heart awaking cries:

May Jesus Christ be praised!

Alike at work and prayer, to Jesus I repair:

May Jesus Christ be praised!

Amen.

(Words: From the Katholisches Gesangbuch, translated by Edward Caswell;

Music: Joseph Barnby)

Heavenly Father, thank you for another day to love you and be loved by you. Holy Spirit, please show us how you want to love others through our written words today. We ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

You are a genius.

I thank God for your life,i thank God for this forum.

Lord thank you for giving me privilege to have my two hands, my two eyes,my two legs my senses and me myself as a writer for you.Lord i am sorry for not been part of this prayer,i am sorry for not looking into what's here all these days,Please forgive me.

I pray you grant me grace to pencil down notes that will brings out millions books,software that shall glorify you,and save souls in billions,God of grace.

Thank you so much Lord God for hearing my prayers.

Father God, you are worthy of all our praise. There is none like you. You are the beginning and the end; the first and the last; everything good in heaven and earth. Thank you for who you are and all you do.

Thank you Jesus for becomming human for our sake. Thank you for living your life as an example to us and then suffering and dying to satisfy your need for a blood sacrifice to cover all our sins, for all people, for all time.

Holy Spirit thank you for taking up residence inside our hearts and bodies. Thank you that you are always with us, always ready to counsel, console, guide and love us. Help us to be more attuned to your leading so that you can use us as your hands and feet today.

Please use our hands today to write the words that will glorify you. Amen.

Good morning Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thank you for your blessings and for all you do. Thank you for the gift of writing, for the ideas that come from you and for direction in drafting, revising, and revising again.

All of us here are in various stages of various projects. Please guide our minds and hands as we work to draft and revise them. Just like you mold and shape our hearts, please take our works and mold and shape them for your glory. Encourage us and help us encourage each other. Amen.

Hi There,

Great going Carol. I stopped in and read the prayers, left and felt compelled to come back so that I can add my prayer. Praying Is Great and I Love It! Keep it going especially for me .... lol.

My Prayer

Good Morning Father,

Good Morning Jesus, and

Gooooood Morning Holy Spirit.

As I begin my day Father I would like to thank you for all the divine gifts you have so graciously blessed me with. You have been most kind and considerate to me your child. As I go forward this day to share you with others through writing I ask for your insight, knowlegde, and wisdom so that I will share you in a manner that will be pleasing to you and inspiring to others. This I ask in Jesus name Amen.

Thank you Father God for this awesome day and for another chance to love you and be loved by you! Thank you, Jesus for this season where we remember the amazing gift of love you gave us by becoming a tiny baby and leaving the glory of heaven for our sake. Thank you, Holy Spirit for staying with us and living in us. Help us today to remember that part of what you want from us is to Go Tell it On the Mountain that Jesus Christ is Born! Help us do that today. Amen.

Go tell it on the mountain

Over the hills and everywhere.

Go tell it on the mountain

that Jesus Christ is born.

Good morning Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thank you for everything you are and everything you are doing in our lives and in the world today.

As we face another day of writing, many of us are held back by fear - that what we have to say isn't worth our time in writing it or other's time in reading it and fear of trying to sell it, when that attempt might be rejected. Please take away our fears. Remind us of Peter's enthusiasm when he stepped out of the boat to be with you, Jesus. But make our faith strong so we can take your hand and walk WITH you to the shore.

Amen.

Thank you for the gift of words and for the gift you gave us of putting those words toggether for others. Please forgive us when we let doubt and lack of self-confidence hold us back. Remind us that you made us, God. We are your creation and we are therefore wonderful, talented, and filled with good things to share with others. Please empower us today to be strong for you. Amen.

Heavenly Father, thank you for each day and the reminder that your mercy is made new every morning. Continue to work in our hearts today, Jesus to love and obey you more and to love others in your name.

We thank you for the gift of writing, and for using us, Holy Spirit to further your good will in the world. Remind us that when our books and articles are published that we are not done with them.

We are often frightened and inhibited with the great task of marketing and promoting "our" projects. Remind us that they are "your" projects and we are only half done when the words are written. Remind us that we still need to make sure your kingdom is expanded by people reading these words that come from you. Remind us that we are your hands and feet and it is our job to take these words and make sure they land in the hands of people who need to read them. Remind us that we are working for you in all things and part of our job description is also to make sure our projects are known and read. Help us do that today. Amen.

Good morning Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Thank you for this day and all you have in store for us.

Help us today to share our joy in you with others through our writing, reminded especially of your great love for us as we celebrate the mass of Christ, this Christ-mas season. Let it all be for your glory. Amen.

Thank you Father God for this awesome day that you have made. Help us, Holy Spirit to rejoice and be glad in it. Remind us, Jesus, that this is all for you. Be with us today as we write and encourage others in your name. Amen.

Holy God, thank you for all you do and who you are.

Many days we ask you to empower us to write words for others to see your glory and come to you. Today we ask you to focus on us - that during these holy days you would shine your light beam into our hearts, fill them with your presence, enable us to see your glory more brightly, and reveal your truth so we can praise you more and also so that when we turn to our writing, it would be filled more deeply with YOU. Thank you forever. Amen.

Happy birthday, Jesus. Thank you for coming to earth for our sake. As beautiful as you made earth to be, we can only imagine how more wonderful heaven is. We are so grateful for your sacrifice in leaving heaven for us. And for all you accomplished while with us here.

Thank you, Father for creating time so we can celebrate things past, present and future. Help us focus on celebrating Jesus' earthly life in the past, what you are doing in and through us today and what you have planned for the future.

Holy Spirit, remind us of Jesus' life and teachings, help us live them today and share our understanding with others through the words you give us. Amen

Although I don't often respond, I read and appreciate these daily prayers, Carol. Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you, Tamera. I see the "view" count going up every day so I know folks are praying along with me. And, the prayers are heading up to heaven. That was the real point.

I confess, if I know someone else is maybe waiting for a prayer, I'll be more likely to do it and of course, it then benefits ME!

wink.gif

Heavenly Father, thank you for today and for all you have in store for us. Help us, Holy Spirit, to attune our hearts and minds to you so that we can see your leading. Help us, Jesus, focus on you and your promises.

For those of us pursuing publication, please help us stay encouraged even amid rejections. Help us see that a rejection may be you leading us toward a new and better direction. Amen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.