Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carol Peterson

Praying Daily For Our Writing

Good morning. I'd like to start a thread where we can pray for our writing. I know there's an open forum for non-writing related prayer requests. I'd like this thread just for writing, so have started it in the Writer's Lounge. Maybe others would like to join in or just read through to pray along with me.

+++++

Good morning Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day and for another opportunity to use us for your good purpose. Thank you, Jesus for showing us that we each have a ministry. We're grateful that one of our ministries is writing.

Holy Spirit, please work in us today. Please help us be attuned to your leading, your inspiration, and encouragement. Let us be your hands in this world through our writing and let all of the writing we do be for YOUR glory! Amen.

I've said the same prayer since the first time I sat down to face that first blank page.

Heavenly Father, please bless my work today. Let me write the words you would have me write, and tell the tales that you would have me tell. Take my efforts and use them for your greater glory. Amen.

Sometimes I feel as though I can write just fine without God's input, thank you very much. But other times, especially when I'm trying to edit my work just so, and polish it to a fine shine, I do pray for His guidance.

In short, my heart's desire is to honor Him over myself, but my will often doesn't want to go along.

Heavenly Father, thank you for today. Remind us that it is a day YOU have made and help us rejoice and be glad in it. Jesus thank you again for your gift of salvation. We know we could never earn it by anything we did on our own. Help us Holy Spirit to show our gratitude and obedience by doing our best today as writers and as your loved children. Some of us really need your encouragement and leading today. Thank you, thank you! We praise your Holy name! Amen.

Carol, I've moved your thread to the prayer requests. Thanks so much for starting this. Since I write devotionals/inspirationals, I must make sure that all I do is backed by prayer.

Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost! Thank you for today! Some of us may be taking the day off writing; some of us are using weekends to push forward. Please be with all of us today. Use time off writing to work in our minds and imaginations so that we will be even more productive in the future. Use our time writing to guide and direct our pens to paper and fingers to keybords. Let it be for YOU. Amen.

Guest Lolita Buck

Great idea!!!!! I'm in agreement with you & everyone else who decides to join in the prayer chain for our writing endeavors. :-)

Once more, Father we thank you for this day. Spirit, we ask your guidance in our writing. Jesus, thank you for your salvation. Help us use these gifts YOU gave us to further your will in your world. Amen.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Holy Spirit, please shower us with writing blessings so that YOUR words flow through us today. Give encouragement to all of our member writers today and also especially to the NANO writers in their awsome endeavor. Please help us keep you ahead of us, leading our way; in us, encouraging each thought; and behind us, propelling us forward. We ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Words, words Lord are the method You gave to us to tell others about You,

and yet our own words will not communicate unless You give the words to us

with power installed, the kind that reach into the heart, kindling flames, starting the fire that enhances vision and giving us all a sight of Heaven and of You, and Your love. What other reason is there to write? I am the silent scribe. So whatever each one writes in the voice You've given to them, may each of us write the words You choose...Amen.

Father God we thank you for the gift of writing and ask, Holy Spirit that you guide our thoughts and our hands today as we focus on using the gift you gave us for your good purpose. Jesus, let it be for your glory. Amen.

Good morning Jesus. Thank you for walking along side us on our writing path. Thank you Father for the gift of words and a talent to put them together. Holy Spirit, thank you for being our ever-present companion and counselor. Use us today through our writing. If we're beginning a work, let it be a good work and continue to work in us until we and it are completed. Let it be for your glory. Amen.

Lord, you use stories to touch the heart of people. Let our stories contain in them the grace to touch others without having to force the message.

Guest Lolita Buck

Let every story that we share reflect a servants heart. Let us never forget that all of our gifts & talents are for your Glory & Honor. Amen......

Heavenly Father, thank you for another day to love you and be loved by you. Today we pray for those of us in the process of seeking publication. Help us remember that you're the boss and we are doing this for you. Help us keep our egos out of the process and remember that if we succeed in publishing then YOU get the glory because YOU made us and YOU gave us these gifts.

Encourage us today, Holy Spirit. Thank you, Jesus, for your gift of salvation, so undeserved. Amen.

Praise God from whom all writing blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Help us once again this day to use the words you give us to send the message you tell us in a manner pleasing to you. Amen.

Good morning Father God. Thank you for this day and for the opportunity to be used by you through the gift of writing you gave us. Use us to educate, inspire and entertain others for your glory. Amen

Guest kdawgs34

Please pray for my two novels. Thank you.

Heavenly Father, thank you for another writing day and especially for another day to love you and be loved by you.

Many of us are seeking publication. Even as we have a heart for you, we ask that you protect us from feelings that any success we achieve is because of something we have done. Help us remember that our writing is only good because the talent came from you and that therefore any publishing success is really your doing and for your ultimate glory. With that recognition in our heads, please encourage us in the long and sometimes painful journey toward publication. Let us lean on you for strength, guidance and counsel. Amen.

Thank you for today. Some days Lord we feel our writig tasks are heavier than we are able to carry. The words we want to say aren't quite the words that are on the paper. We know there is still so much work to do. We want to do it but some days we feel we aren't quite up to the challenge or we simply feel tired knowing the hours of writing and revision that are in front of us. Please encourage us, Holy Spirit. Lead us to the words you want us to use. Be our encourager today and always.

We're sorry when we make our prayers so much about us and what we need. But we know that helps us recognize how much we need you. Please take that recognition and grow our faith in a mighty way. Then use us for your purpose. Amen.

As we head into Thanksgiving week, we are grateful for all your gifts. We at this site are especially grateful for your gift of writing and for the gift of encouragement we find from others in this group. Please encourage and inspire all of us today and keep us always mindful that all of this is from you and all of this is for you. Amen.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit - we thank you for your blessings now and always, most especially for your sacrifice, Jesus, of setting aside your divinity to become human for our sake. Many of us are taking time off writing this week to travel and spend our days with family and friends. Please use that time to renew our writing spirits, to inspire us to new stories and projects and to reflect on your holiness. Be glorified. Amen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.