They Said My Title Had To Have More Than 2 Characters.

Little_Diva96

I’m Jordan (you haven’t guessed that have you?) I like naps and the occasional cup of hot chocolate, just to name a couple of my favorite things. People ask where my book is because they think I'm funny. The answer, I have them on the shelf beside me. The Cat in The Hat is my favorite, but I have a couple of others.

I write young adult books geared towards teens (and their parents) who want a titled view of the world from characters who are trying to gain momentum in their walk with God all while falling in and out of love with numerous guys who don’t prove themselves until the last fifty pages of the book. Typical...

I started writing when I was sixteen. While I wrote my first book I didn't tell anyone what I was doing. I would disappear in my room and nineteen days later came out with an 85,000 word novel and the hankering for ice cream. Since then I've written three and a half books that have ended up in the waste land called my file cabinet. Halfway through my fourth novel God called upon me to do his work.

-Jordan

http://jewelsfromjordan.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to CW from the English arm of this body of Christ. Sorry for this late welcome I've been off site for a while.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been off for sometime too. :D

Happy writing,

Jordan

Welcome Jordan! I like your blog, it's got a nice color scheme. Is it from one of their templates?

(I'm not very good at all that fancy blog design some people do, but I sure do admire those who do it well! :) )

I also see that you won Camp NaNo this year... I did that too! It was a stretch, but I upped my goal midway, and actually made it. Whew!! It kind of got a little sticky in teh middle of the month, for a bit. ;)

What was your goal?

And do you do Nov. NaNo? (I've been doing it for a while now... it's grueling, but it's kind of great, too. ^_^ )

Anyway, have fun on here!

Elizabeth

Welcome Jordan! I like your blog, it's got a nice color scheme. Is it from one of their templates?

(I'm not very good at all that fancy blog design some people do, but I sure do admire those who do it well! :) )

I also see that you won Camp NaNo this year... I did that too! It was a stretch, but I upped my goal midway, and actually made it. Whew!! It kind of got a little sticky in teh middle of the month, for a bit. ;)

What was your goal?

And do you do Nov. NaNo? (I've been doing it for a while now... it's grueling, but it's kind of great, too. ^_^ )

Anyway, have fun on here!

Elizabeth

Thank you for the nice welcome, Elizabeth!

It is one of their free templates. I don't feel the need to pay for a template when there are good ones for free! I changed the colors and made it my own. The background is normally white with a liter white as the design. It is meant for weddings but I loved it too much to pass it up!

It was a stretch for me as well. I had ten thousand words to write and only two days left! I'm so glad I finished though!!! My goal was 30k and I barely made it. ;) I'm happy with the way my novel is going, and I'm glad I got such a good head start!

I have participated in NaNoWriMo since I was 13. I was old enough to participate on the "big kid" site, I just never felt the need to! This will be my first year on the adult site. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know anyone there, all of my friends are on the kids site!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm enjoying Christian Writers.com so far. It's great to find a community of Christians who love writing as well!!!

-Jordan

Hi Jordan. Welcome to Christian Writers. I just checkout out your site. Looks great! Like you, I have done Nano several

times. It is hectic but also challenging and fun. I am working on my next Nano; getting a head start gives me confidence and I sure need that around November 1.

Toni :)

• 2 months later...

Hey, that's great that you'll be doing "the big kid site" this year! Here's my profile in case you want to be writing buddies with me! It does make it more fun... :)http://nanowrimo.org/participants/bee-me

And if you're doing camp, let me know, too! ;)http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/bee-me

See ya around!! :)

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth!

I added you (like three seconds ago, so if you get an email....) Frankly I'm on of those people who don't know how to work out the kinks in their email notifications. I was completely unaware of the new comments (on this forum) and didn't see your comment about NaNo! I finished around the twenty fifth. I wrote 64,500 words (roughly.) How did you do?

Hi Jordan. Welcome to Christian Writers. I just checkout out your site. Looks great! Like you, I have done Nano several

times. It is hectic but also challenging and fun. I am working on my next Nano; getting a head start gives me confidence and I sure need that around November 1.

Toni :)

I completely understand starting ahead of time. I started NaNo for a school project (I was home schooled and my mom thought it would be fun.) I had no desire to write, I was writing music at the time, and thought 5,000 words was impossible! :D Now that I've written more I push myself to start on the date. I like pushing off the metaphorical starting line and rushing to the finish. I'm a very competitive person, so that works for me! What is your profile link? I would love to become Writing Buddies!

-Jordan

Archived