Have A Heart To Write For God But A Wall Of Fear Stands Before Me

Cinder

Hi I am Cindy and I am new to this world of writing. I have been a writer in secret for many years.  Since i was a child I have always written letters and poems to God.  God has blessed me with Short stories, poems and 1 Christmas play. I have the outline for a novel but getting started on that is a challenge.  I have shared some of my writing with other people as I was lead to but I have never taken the next step to really put my heart out there in this world. I attended a Christian Writers conference and shared some of my work and was told my style of poetry is not what readers want anymore. So maybe this is a place to test the waters and get some feedback.

A Warrior's Prayer

Lord I bow down on bended knee.

Begging you to please set me free,

Untie the chains that bind my soul.

Lift me up, make me whole.

Flood my spirit with your love.

Give my heart wings of a dove.

Unsure of what my future brings.

My hope now soars on Holy wings.

Willing to walk through life’s fire,

Praising my Lord and lifting Him higher.

Keep my eyes upon you, Oh Lord,

Will my hands to use your sword.

Cindy, your poem is beautiful.  I feel it is best to write the words God places in our hearts and let Him lead readers to those words.

I've written poetry and short stories for a long time and still, I have a reluctance to share my words, then I realize the words aren't mine... they're His.

If you get a chance visit my blogs.

http://scarletrobecreations.blogspot.com/

http://scarletrobescriptureverses.blogspot.com/

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Cinder, we normally don't allow written work in this forum but since it's already had a response, I'll leave it. Hop over to the writers' forum and post any questions you have. I have some thoughts for you. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

As for those people telling you your style isn't what readers want anymore, you can go back and tell them that you just haven't found your audience yet. Maybe their readers don't want that kind of poetry anymore; once you find a readership, they'll (hopefully) devour it. 

I encourage you to publish, if that is what your heart wants, and if that is what God within you is pushing you to do. It can be scary, but self-publishing isn't nearly as frightening. 

And don't be a secret writer anymore. You are welcome here! 

Hi I am Cindy and I am new to this world of writing. I have been a writer in secret for many years.  Since i was a child I have always written letters and poems to God.  God has blessed me with Short stories, poems and 1 Christmas play. I have the outline for a novel but getting started on that is a challenge.  I have shared some of my writing with other people as I was lead to but I have never taken the next step to really put my heart out there in this world. I attended a Christian Writers conference and shared some of my work and was told my style of poetry is not what readers want anymore. So maybe this is a place to test the waters and get some feedback.

A Warrior's Prayer

Lord I bow down on bended knee.

Begging you to please set me free,

Untie the chains that bind my soul.

Lift me up, make me whole.

Flood my spirit with your love.

Give my heart wings of a dove.

Unsure of what my future brings.

My hope now soars on Holy wings.

Willing to walk through life’s fire,

Praising my Lord and lifting Him higher.

Keep my eyes upon you, Oh Lord,

Will my hands to use your sword.

You're most welcome, Cindy!

Archived