Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VisionWriter

Game: Tell Challenge

Tell: The school board argued.

Show: Mr. Johnson, chairman of the board stood to his feet slamming his hand on the desk and demanded the attention of the other school board members.

Tell: You could feel the darkness.

Tell: You could feel the darkness.

Show: The suffocating darkness weighed down heavily, resisting every effort she made to push forward.

Tell: The eagle flew in the sky.

Tell: The eagle flew in the sky.

Show: All he could see was the shadow of the majesty overhead, but he could hear the screech piercing through the evening shadows.

Tell: The tear fell.

Tell: The tear Fell

Show: Mary couldn't hold the emotions any longer, the glistening stream flowed from her face onto the black and white photo of her mother.

Tell: The garden was full of thorns.

Tell: He was crucified.

Show: His body marred beyond recognition head pierced with horrid thorns, taking the penalty for my sin on Calvary.

Tell.I saw a giraffe

Tell: I saw a giraffe.

Show: While on safari, a movement caught my eye. I turned just in time to see a long spotted neck reach up toward the tree top.

Tell: His hair was orange.

Tell: His hair was orange.

Show: Lorrie stood on her tip toes looking for Jay and spotted a tangled ball of orange fur bobbing through the crowd.

Tell: The rose garden was beautiful.

Tell: The rose garden was beautiful.

Show: A vibrant, colorful array peeked through leaves of green while heavenly scent filled the garden of roses.

Tell: The bird sang.

LOL. I wanted to play along - but the only thing I could come up with was a clip I saw about a bird that sounded like it was saying "Cheeseburger"

Tell: The bird sang

Show: The sparrow's chirping grew to a crescendo of praise as the golden rays shimmered on the lake below ushering in a new day.

Tell: He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Is it just me or was this one tough? Best I could do... :lol:

Tell: He couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Show: George stood on tiptoes, peering above the gate. It didn’t matter how long he stared or how hard he held his breath, the man feeding his daughter like a dog was his boss.

Tell: He was in a thunderstorm.

Tell: He was in a thunderstorm.

Show: Angry clouds swirled around him, threatening to slam him to the ground as he pushed toward shelter, narrowly avoiding a high-amp strike.

Tell: He waited his turn.

Tell: He waited his turn.

Show: Bill anxiously stood in line anticipating the adventure of "The Beast," the highest roller-coaster in the world.

Tell: She dreaded the trip.

Okay, I'll play.

Tell: She dreaded the trip.

Show: She willed herself to dig out the old suitcase, willed herself to pack each needed item and to add on top the plain black dress bought just for this. Snapping the case tight, she slid it off the bed and headed out the door, grabbing her purse as she went. She would go now, quickly, before she changed her mind.

Tell: Tommy hated vegetables.

Show: Being obliged by his mother to eat them, he exacted revenge the only way he knew how--mashing to a fine consistency each scalloped potato slice, each pea. He then consumed every edible bite with an odd, inaudible glee.

Tell: The paper airplane left the school bus window with a promising trajectory.

Tell: The paper airplane left the school bus window with a promising trajectory.

Show: The make-shift F17 Tommy folded in the class room was ready for its mission. Now safely on the school bus, he took aim, tossed it out the window, and bulls-eye, the aircraft hit its intended target, Mrs. Harris' shiny silver hair.

Tell: The dinner was a flop.

Tell: The dinner was a flop.

Show: Granted, it can be allowed that being flower-children of the Southern California-type, their serving up tofu tacos at their late bloomer wedding reception should be considered "cool". But their peers weren't buying it. To have a social conscience? Sure. But to continue to actually be weird? No way.

Tell: Today was leap day, the 29th of February, but it was still no excuse to have forgotten.

Tell: Today was leap day, the 29th of February, but it was still no excuse to have forgotten.

Show: Mary sat on the couch flipping through Better Homes and Gardens glancing between the calendar, the clock, and Jim then back to her magazine. Of all days, the 29th of February, was their day. They had been married 6 years and 4 months by leap year standers, but really it was their silver wedding anniversary.

Tell: He lost the fish.

He lost the fish.

Now how in the world was Bud going to prove to his micro-managing, inventory-taking father that despite having lost his dad's favorite fishing pole,

he had actually hand-captured a salmon shooting for the upstream spawning areas? Stopping by Red Lobster for a desperation pick-up seemed

a surreal resolution. The parking citation on the windshield didn't help either.

Tell: Scouring through the attic of his newly acquired home in Charleston, SC, the Nebraska refugee-out-of-the-cold stumbled upon a dented-up snow shovel.

Tell: Scouring through the attic of his newly acquired home in Charleston, SC, the Nebraska refugee-out-of-the-cold stumbled upon a dented-up snow shovel.

Show: Finally, no more heaping mounds of snow to shovel, Jim thought as he explored the attic of his new home in South Carolina. Turning to leave, he spotted a battered snow shovel propped in the corner of the room. "I hope this isn't a bad omen," He said under his breath. "Nebraska was bad enough."

Tell: The room was a mess.

Tell: The room was a mess.

Show: Todd knew his mom was fuming about it. Still, he thought it looked more like an armistice. Most things picked up, just some things dangling--a few wrinkles on the bedspread. He didn't think his mother thought in terms of unconditional surrender. But at least as Dad came walking through the front door, Todd was carrying his wastepaper basket to the garbage bin outside.

Tell: This was going to be interesting. The grocery store marquee read, "Buy one 1 lb of hamburger, get 1 free!"

Tell: This was going to be interesting. The grocery store marquee read, "Buy one 1 lb of hamburger, get 1 free!"

Show: "You can tell an Asian wrote that sign! That can’t be right, 'Buy one-one pound...get one free'." Even while grocery shopping, she never missed an opportunity to point out those parasites' shortcomings, "You know, it's probably dog. They grind it up and you'd never know. Those Vietlamese are worse than Koreans."

Tell: Almost to the top of the cliff, the climber fell.

Tell: Almost to the top of the cliff, the climber fell.

Show: Most dreams, he would wake up mid-fall. But this time, not having achieved the top, he woke up after he hit

the first rock "ledge" coming down. "Pulling that hamstring during practice yesterday sure has made life interesting,"

he muttered as he fell back to sleep. The rest of the descent would not be easy.

Tell: Here comes the offering plate. Oops, I forgot to bring my tithe!

Show: Tommy's stomach knotted at the smell of carrots and broccoli that the cook splattered on his plate. He glanced at Rufus. The old Beagle that was stretched out at his feet and an idea sparked inside him.

Show: Afraid she locked the door.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.