Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VisionWriter

Game: Tell Challenge

Tell: Man with Down syndrome

Show: "Special", they called him, but beneath the unpopular facade they had no idea just how special he really was.

Tell: The alligator attacked.

Re: "special"... I like that. It was a bit of a set-up. My WIP has a main character who has Down Syndrome (patterned after our son) and I wanted to see how others might describe him physically.

Show: Powerful jaws gaped wide as the water churned beneath the beast's thrashing tail.

Tell: My car got stuck in a snowbank.

Sweet! We have a canadian joining the game now! :)

Show: The dull whirr of my tires in the snow irritated me. "Augh! I CAN'T be stuck, not now! I'm late for my interview!" The fog of my breath mocked me.

Tell: He was scared.

tell: Karen was surprised she saw the knife blade coming at her and very quickly she saw the front post rear post sights of the M-9 align hearing two explosions she saw her assailaint a VC agent drop like a sack of potatoes at her ffet

Show:Captain Guiterrez saw the VC agent with knife blade as fast the chopper pilot lifted the pistol fired twice he witnessed the chest explode.....and the agent drop like a rock

Tell: he was scared.

show: his wide eyes were fixated on the kife pressed lightly against his neck, and his body shook as the pressure increased ever so slighty.

tell: he hates honey mustard.

Tell: he was scared.

show: his wide eyes were fixated on the kife pressed lightly against his neck, and his body shook as the pressure increased ever so slighty.

tell: he hates honey mustard.

Tell: He hates honey mustard.

Show: His stomach churned at the thought of ingesting that spicy sweet goo so many enjoyed - honey mustard - bleah!

Tell: He felt sorry for her.

Show: The tears making trails down her dirt streaked face watered the flower of compassion growing in his heart.

Tell: The door closed behind her.

Well done, VisionWriter!

Tell: The door closed behind her.

Show: HInges groaned under the weight of the solid oak door as it ominously dropped into place, nearly catching her heels.

Tell: They sang a duet.

Show: Their voices blended together in perfect harmony like two love birds upon a budding branch.

Tell: It knocked the breath out of him.

Oh, I love this challenge! I see some great examples for those who confuse both “show” and “tell” (I know I do) :blink:

Show: Covered in mud, he repeatedly thrust the blade into the wolf's belly until its yelping mouth silenced.

Tell: He killed the wolf with a knife.

Show: He could barely make out the state capital building and one of the early high rises the lake shore did look familiar

Tell: He went to sleep July 23 1973 beside town lake and he awoke July 23 2012 by Lady Bird Johnson lake.

Oh' date=' I love this challenge! I see some great examples for those who confuse both “show” and “tell” (I know I do)[/color'] :blink:

Show: Covered in mud, he repeatedly thrust the blade into the wolf's belly until its yelping mouth silenced.

Welcome, Victoria!

Part of this game is writing a "show" for the "tell" which the previous poster left as a challenge. In other words, if you leave a tell of :"He killed the wolf with a knife", the next poster would write the "show" for that "tell" then leave a "tell" to challenge the next poster. Make sense? Don't know if I explained that very well. If you look back thru the game, I think you'll see what I mean. So, by way of example, I'll take your "tell" and write my own "show" for it, then leave a "tell" for the next poster. ^_^

Show: Guided by his skilled thrust, the sleek blade pushed its way into the wolf's thick hide.

Tell: The baby laughed.

Whoops, sorry about that... don’t know what I was thinking. :blink: I will try again.

Tell: The baby laughed.

Show: The infant kicked and squirmed with a wide grin as he reached for his teddy bear.

Tell: The boat crossed the sea.

Now you've got it! :D

Tell: The boat crossed the sea.

Show: Currents of wind and wave propelled the barge forward till land was but a distant memory.

Tell: He was uncertain.

Tell: She felt ashamed.

Show: She hung her head as his accusing stare drilled into her back.

Tell: He walked down the street.

- newbie trying this. (I was to slow let me try again)

Tell: He walked down the street.

Show: The sounds of his footsteps echoing as he walked along the the closed stores.

Tell: She began to relax.

- Hope I am understanding the game.

Tell: She began to relax.

Show: Jan flopped into the large Barco-lounger, rested her head againsts its soft cushion and let out a long slow breath.

Tell: It taste bitter.

@nastanford - looks to me like you've got it. Welcome to the game!

Tell: It tasted bitter.

Show: The essence bit my tongue, sending chills of revulsion down my spine. (I dunno. Does that even make sense? I think I need a nap!)

Tell: He lit a fire.

The concrete shattered his elbow as his face dragged along the pavement, wondering why he had ever thought he could do this again.

oops! I was responding to he fell of his bike....as a show...don't know if it worked.

Tell: I told you not to tell the kid's I have a health issue!

Show: Gravel and skin melted together as his leg scraped the ground, his arm ground into the dirt, and his face collided with the grass.

OK?

Welcome to the game, Lynn & AZ!

Be sure to read the directions on the very first post and join in the fun!

Happy Easter, everyone!

In light of the season, I thought I'd try to get things rolling again with:

Tell: The angel sat on the stone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.