Game: Tell Challenge

VisionWriter

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: "special"... I like that. It was a bit of a set-up. My WIP has a main character who has Down Syndrome (patterned after our son) and I wanted to see how others might describe him physically.

Show: Powerful jaws gaped wide as the water churned beneath the beast's thrashing tail.

Tell: My car got stuck in a snowbank.

tell: Karen was surprised she saw the knife blade coming at her and very quickly she saw the front post rear post sights of the M-9 align hearing two explosions she saw her assailaint a VC agent drop like a sack of potatoes at her ffet

Show:Captain Guiterrez saw the VC agent with knife blade as fast the chopper pilot lifted the pistol fired twice he witnessed the chest explode.....and the agent drop like a rock

Tell: he was scared.

show: his wide eyes were fixated on the kife pressed lightly against his neck, and his body shook as the pressure increased ever so slighty.

tell: he hates honey mustard.

Tell: he was scared.

show: his wide eyes were fixated on the kife pressed lightly against his neck, and his body shook as the pressure increased ever so slighty.

tell: he hates honey mustard.

Well done, VisionWriter!

Tell: The door closed behind her.

Show: HInges groaned under the weight of the solid oak door as it ominously dropped into place, nearly catching her heels.

Tell: They sang a duet.

Oh, I love this challenge! I see some great examples for those who confuse both “show” and “tell” (I know I do) :blink:

Show: Covered in mud, he repeatedly thrust the blade into the wolf's belly until its yelping mouth silenced.

Tell: He killed the wolf with a knife.

Oh' date=' I love this challenge! I see some great examples for those who confuse both “show” and “tell” (I know I do)[/color'] :blink:

Show: Covered in mud, he repeatedly thrust the blade into the wolf's belly until its yelping mouth silenced.

Welcome, Victoria!

Part of this game is writing a "show" for the "tell" which the previous poster left as a challenge. In other words, if you leave a tell of :"He killed the wolf with a knife", the next poster would write the "show" for that "tell" then leave a "tell" to challenge the next poster. Make sense? Don't know if I explained that very well. If you look back thru the game, I think you'll see what I mean. So, by way of example, I'll take your "tell" and write my own "show" for it, then leave a "tell" for the next poster. ^_^

Show: Guided by his skilled thrust, the sleek blade pushed its way into the wolf's thick hide.

Tell: The baby laughed.

Whoops, sorry about that... don’t know what I was thinking. :blink: I will try again.

Tell: The baby laughed.

Show: The infant kicked and squirmed with a wide grin as he reached for his teddy bear.

Tell: The boat crossed the sea.

Guest nastanford

- newbie trying this. (I was to slow let me try again)

Tell: He walked down the street.

Show: The sounds of his footsteps echoing as he walked along the the closed stores.

Tell: She began to relax.

- Hope I am understanding the game.

@nastanford - looks to me like you've got it. Welcome to the game!

Tell: It tasted bitter.

Show: The essence bit my tongue, sending chills of revulsion down my spine. (I dunno. Does that even make sense? I think I need a nap!)

Tell: He lit a fire.

Guest AZAuthor

oops! I was responding to he fell of his bike....as a show...don't know if it worked.

Tell: I told you not to tell the kid's I have a health issue!

Archived