Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteveR

Hello From Another New Comer!

Hello, everyone.

I'm Steve and I am happy to be aboard this forum. I am a military officer (Marines) and aspiring writer of Christian fiction. My style is mostly literary, but I do not limit myself to a specific genre. I write thrillers and horror, (supernatural, not slasher stuff) and convey a Christian message throughout the story. As a lifelong church attender, my personal studies have led me to ponder certain biblical aspects that are not taught with regularity in our churches. In other cases I've found the Bible does not specify on a certain issue. These are the areas I like to operate. I take some creative license, ensure it is not directly opposed to anything biblical, and then run with it.

I also write a lot of short stories. I do not stress Christian themes in my short stories, though I do try to put together thought provoking work in these as well.

I am currently not published, but I am working on it. I have ambition, but I am not delusional. I know the Christian fiction market is both limited and difficult to break into. Still, I am passionate about this and am pursuing it like a calling. I hope to perhaps gain some contacts who will offer some review. If any writer out there is looking for review for your work, please contact me. I love reading what other aspiring writers develop.

Lastly, I am looking forward to sharing thoughts, victories and frustrations with everyone here.

God Bless,

Steve

Woo-hoo! Thank you for your service! Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Thank you, Lynn. I've been checking out the resources here and am looking forward to being a part of the community here.

Thank you, also, Jon. I love that car in your pic. I had a red 1966 coupe I was piecing together. Then I got married and that car went on the back burner. I eventually got rid of it. I would love to try again some day.