Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Doulos

Greetings From Richard Golko

Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ our living Lord and Savior. This is a great site for Christian writers and I hope to get to know many of you. I'm a Christian writer and songwriter. I've written a rock opera I want to get produced starting later this year called "Something Better: 'The Rock' Opera" about a teenage boy making decisions about his future.

I've written Christian Goal Setting and Achieving: Pressing Toward the Goal for the Prize! which is available on Amazon. I spent years taking my Lord's lead on studying the Word of God, word by word before I wrote it and I've been told it's a great way to not only learn what God has to say to us individually and to the church, but a solid way of transferring those truths into a life plan, pursuing what God wants.

Another one of my unpublished projects is "A New and Living Way" which is a book along with a dozen songs for an accompanying music CD. Also, I spent a solid 7 month period with a friend of mine doing nothing but word studies on leadership in the Christian church and, oh my, what we found... a completely different picture than you see today... anyway, I wrote a summary of it in a short book and then put all the dozens and dozens of word studies in a reference book.

Right now I'm writing a novel format of my rock opera so it can be released with the actual opera.

People here may be interested in the Christian Foundation I've set up and will start to promote tomorrow, Tuesday February 24, 2014. It's called the Christian Culture Center and I have a Facebook page, a web site and a blog set up for it. The online portal has three programs I'm launching. The first is called "The Salvation Story" which provides an online facility for witnessing to people through email; the second is "The Advisory Board" which is a free membership that advises The Christian Culture Center on what the body of Christ feels Christ wants us to do; the third is, "The Community Funding Initiative" which is a Christian crowd funding platform. For example you could add a project there to raise funds to publish a book if you wanted, and offer gifts in return for specific levels of pledges. When you reach your pledging level you receive the funds and can go forward publishing your book.

I'm going on a bit too much but please don't think I'm trying to promote myself here or anything like that. I love my Lord Jesus, I love what I'm doing with and for him and I just want to do it with others. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Sounds like the Lord is leading you to do great things. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing and all you do!

Thank you both for the welcome! Now to get time to participate! It seems time is the thing we need more and more of, right? I'm good at time management but not so good at limiting my interests and activities to be able to do them all... lol.