Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NicoleMusic88

What's Your Favourite Christian Books?

Harbinger definitely tops the list. Couldn't put it down. Other than that, Max Lucado is a great author. I have purchased The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel but I haven't started it yet. I am currently reading Twelve Unlikely Heroes by John McDowell. Inside the Revolution by Mark Rosenberg is a great book also. I've read Total Forgiveness & The Lords Prayer by R.T. Kendall, both which are good. I have God's at War by Kyle Idelmen but once again another book I have yet to start. If I think of anything else I've read that's good I'll fill you in. Oh yes, Second Guessing God by Bryan Jones is great also.

I have to apologize to everyone. Yesterday I was naming some books I read and their authors and I got an authors name wrong. Twelve Unlikely Heroes is written by John Macarthur, not McDowell. Sorry. Have a blessed day

I am always beginning again "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper and recently have been meditating upon his exposition of joy, that "'God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"

On the fiction side, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis books have been delightful reads over the years.

In my adult life, I was surprised by the intricacies displayed by the Christian abolitionist novel, "Uncle Tom's Cabin (or Life Among the Lowly)" by Harriet Beecher Stowe and also somewhat astonished to learn from Wikipedia that in the 19th century, it was " the second best-selling book of that century, following the Bible."

So my reading is eclectic. I am intrigued to come upon authors who manage to approach difficult topics and are passionate in the telling of a story.

When I was a little younger I loved books by Lois Walfrid Johnson. Now I like some of Gilbert Morris' books. I love christian historical fiction. :)

I love Gilbert Morris! Did you ever read the Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard?

There's really only one GOOD BOOK ... and it's my all time favorite!

And no matter how many times I've read it, it seems to speak to me in new ways each time!

:D

The Heartache No One Sees by Sheila Walsh is a favorite. There is something to be said for being transparent. It really ministered to me. I also have read & re-read Terri Blackstock's Restoration Series (fiction). The whole world losing power and re-building communities and relationships satisfy the adventurer in me.

Guest Beth

Sorry, I think I double-posted. Trying to get used to the editing box here - copy & paste doesn't seem to work and I can't seem to find a 'Delete' button...

Guest Beth

And now I mixed up the previous post with this one and lost the one I wanted to make! :rolleyes: Oh dear...

My favorite Christian books are Good Morning Holy Spirit and Welcome Holy Spirit by Benny H., The Unlimited Power of Faith by David Oyedepo, The Battlefield of The Mind by Joyce Meyer, Go In This Thy Mind by Dr. Paul Eneche, The Excellency of Grace by Joseph Waya, Success in Life and Ministry by Roberts Liardon, and Breaking Te Jewish Code by Perry Stone.

Great question...

I agree with Battlefield of the Mind.

C.S. Lewis's "The Screwtape Letters" is extraordinary; that is, on a plain far above 99 percent of Christian literature.

Bode Thoene's "The Zion Chronicles" series

Randy Alcorn books.

Francine Rivers' series, "Mark of the Lion."

Anything written by Lewis's literary "hero," George MacDonald.

Michael Phillips' early books are good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.