Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What Do You Feel Is The Most Difficult Aspect Of Writing?

What do you feel is the most difficult aspect of writing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you feel is the most difficult aspect of writing?

• Finding an idea that inspires you
    • Finding the time to write
    • Experiencing writer's block
    • Spelling and grammar
    • Keeping characters, "in character"
    • Maintaining a steady plotline
    • Proofreading and editing
    • Getting published
    • Marketing your work
    • Other

The most difficult aspect of writing for me is finishing the big topics. Poems and articles I finish but I have started two books one on the Names and Titles of God, kept wanting to cover everything and finally came to the conclusion that was impossaple. Most recently I got started on a on journaling. I got stuck at the start of chapter 6. I just can't seem to get back to either of them.

The hardest part for me is editing. I don't like to edit though I believe it's necessary. I learned so much after I wrote my first novel that I had a LOT to fix and in the process created confusion. I am still untangling but making progress. It's taken a long time for another reason as well. I am also a graduate theology student and so I don't have time to really stay immersed in my novel, but I only have one more course to take and I'll be able to breathe again. I so much prefer writing novels and reflections/devotions to writing for a grade.

To be humble before the Lord. To pray for his guidance and discernment: is it His will that I should serve Him by writing, or serve Him in other ways - ministries of caring perhaps?

Guest 0704MO

There are several minor hurdles to jump, but the one that cook's me is the doggone political correctness that is expected. I tend toward evangelism and teaching both the love of God and His requirements of a holy life style. Yep! That get's me smacked.

Wrapping up an ending without making it abrupt and sounding choppy. When I get to the end of a story I tend to want it finished....now!!

It is hard to start wriing for others to read. It is hard to get published at times. It is hard to not to be published for a while, when you are working on a longer piece.

Annette

Starting and Stopping. I make excuses and say I don't have the time (yet I am on computer countless hours), but once I am writing, I don't want to stop for family responsibilities, and work. Stopping is the worst part for me, therefore I put off starting. (Sigh), makes no sense....but that's me. :)

One of my biggest problems I've discovered lately is commas. I used way too many and now that I'm in the editing phase, I have to remove most other them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.