Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cephas7

Hello And A Brief Bio

Hi, I'm just joining this site so I'm unsure of what to expect. I was a journalist for many years (newspapers in California and some magazine work.) Then I took time off to raise my kids. I've just finished a book...it's about finding your footing with God after trauma. My son had a traumatic accident and I found myself questioning many core beliefs. This book is the fruit of that long period of struggle. My writing has a lot of personal reflection and a lot of humor. It does try to tackle some of the bigger questions like how underrated humility is as a virtue, how to avoid burying your head in the sand, the process of spiritual healing, etc. Long story short...I like the book a lot. However, I've become a bit discouraged as I research the publishing process. It sounds like you need to create a platform and write a lot of blogs and develop a marketing strategy and a lot of other things as an unknown author...all before I know whether my book will have any legs. Also, I confess (a purist here) that I'm reluctant to change what is a very personal narrative into a five-point plan with lots of hooks just to get it to sell. I don't have a five-point plan that guarantees that your suffering will bear fruit. I just have the promises in the Bible. So...I'm actually thinking of just posting my proposal on christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com and being done with it...maybe the easy way out? Thanks for reading!

Screw up, here's my bio.

I am a Christian hoping to share whatever is relevant to our Lord. Professionally speaking, I am a semi-retired addictions and mental health clinician. Beside articles in addiction-recovery magazines, I had poems published in several magazines and journals, most recently The Merton Seasonal and a forth coming issue of Sharing. In most of my prose and poetry Jesus our Lord is present by Name, Spirit or both. I’ll conclude by adding I volunteer at several ministries and attend Maple Springs United Methodist Church, Winston-Salem NC. I look forward to this site.

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. I tried to delete your first post but the system doesn't allow the first post to be deleted. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Welcome to Christian Writers! Sounds like you have many diverse and helpful areas to share with others. We have a

wonderful group of caring Christian writers here.

I wish you the best with your book and other writings!

Toni :)

Welcome to the group, This is the best place to be for Christian Writing, I write Christian Mystery and Clean romance under Samantha Lovern and Samantha Fury it's great to meet you. Had it not been for this site I would not be published and on Amazon right now. So you have come to a great place to learn.

Maybe you would like to learn how to self publish your own book. It's not very hard at all, and this is a great place to learn. I don't come here a lot so if you want to know more just ask.

Samantha