Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azuremountain

New Member~ Hello!

Hi, I'm just joining this site so I'm unsure of what to expect. I was a journalist for many years (newspapers in California and some magazine work.) Then I took time off to raise my kids. I've just finished a book...it's about finding your footing with God after trauma. My son had a traumatic accident and I found myself questioning many core beliefs. This book is the fruit of that long period of struggle. My writing has a lot of personal reflection and a lot of humor. It does try to tackle some of the bigger questions like how underrated humility is as a virtue, how to avoid burying your head in the sand, the process of spiritual healing, etc. Long story short...I like the book a lot. However, I've become a bit discouraged as I research the publishing process. It sounds like you need to create a platform and write a lot of blogs and develop a marketing strategy and a lot of other things as an unknown author...all before I know whether my book will have any legs. Also, I confess (a purist here) that I'm reluctant to change what is a very personal narrative into a five-point plan with lots of hooks just to get it to sell. I don't have a five-point plan that guarantees that your suffering will bear fruit. I just have the promises in the Bible. So...I'm actually thinking of just posting my proposal on christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com and being done with it...maybe the easy way out? Thanks for reading!

Hello Welcome!

God bless you and your efforts for Him. I’d take it one step at a time. You’ll find a lot of help and encouragement here. God can pave the way and provide knowledge to get your work finished and published. I encourage you to press forward with your goals.

Personally, I wouldn’t try to research all this publishing stuff all at once. Take it slow and pray about it. Personally, my main focus is to finish my novel before doing any major research on how to publish. I know there is still a lot to learn, but there are also really great resources here and awesome people. ;)

-Victoria

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. Please don't waste your time on the manuscript site. It is rarely useful. Take the questions you have and post them, one at a time, in the writers forum. You might first search through the forum to see what threads may already answer your question. If not, start a new thread and ask your question. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Hi, I'm just joining this site so I'm unsure of what to expect. I was a journalist for many years (newspapers in California and some magazine work.) Then I took time off to raise my kids. I've just finished a book...it's about finding your footing with God after trauma. My son had a traumatic accident and I found myself questioning many core beliefs. This book is the fruit of that long period of struggle. My writing has a lot of personal reflection and a lot of humor. It does try to tackle some of the bigger questions like how underrated humility is as a virtue, how to avoid burying your head in the sand, the process of spiritual healing, etc. Long story short...I like the book a lot. However, I've become a bit discouraged as I research the publishing process. It sounds like you need to create a platform and write a lot of blogs and develop a marketing strategy and a lot of other things as an unknown author...all before I know whether my book will have any legs. Also, I confess (a purist here) that I'm reluctant to change what is a very personal narrative into a five-point plan with lots of hooks just to get it to sell. I don't have a five-point plan that guarantees that your suffering will bear fruit. I just have the promises in the Bible. So...I'm actually thinking of just posting my proposal on christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com and being done with it...maybe the easy way out? Thanks for reading!

Hello. How therapeutic writing is and presumably your book was therapeutic. Cannot advise about publishing but somehow--so easy to quote this but ultimately so true--may Rom. 8:28 be fulfilled in you. peterv

Your posts give me a very good idea of how things run around here~ friendly and supportive. Seems like I've stumbled into a great group of people. Thanks for your advice and verses and hellos, very encouraging!