Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What Is Your Writing Schedule?

What is your writing schedule?  

1. 1. What is your writing schedule?

• I don't have a set schedule. I write whenever I find the time.
    • I have a set schedule, and I stick to it.
    • I only have a set schedule for writing challenges (such as NaNo)
    • I would write if I could find the time -- but that's been scarce lately
    • Other

I'm one of the weirdos. I'm on the computer all day since I rarely get out. Lovely fibro keeps me home! :huh:

I'm one of the weirdos. I'm on the computer all day since I rarely get out. Lovely fibro keeps me home! :huh:

Way to look on the bright side, Lynn! :)

This question is difficult for me to answer. I don't fit precisely into any of these categories. I tend to set goals rather than schedules. Deadlines motivate me far more than routines. That makes it sound like I should be in the third category for challenges, but I also have schedules ... seasonally.

My kids are still young and, since it's summer, home with me all day, every day. That makes it nearly impossible to stick to a schedule. During the school year, I have a schedule and I stick to it (most days). During the school breaks, however, I write whenever I can. Unless I'm under a deadline and then I just forgo sleep.

I was sorry to answer the question as I write whenever I find the time. The problem is, I never seem to find the time. So, I know it's not New Year's, but it's time for a new resolution. I am now going to schedule my writing time, because just fitting it in hasn't worked. I too have fibro and am home most days, so I really have no excuse. So, starting tomorrow morning a schedule will be born!

Linda, good for you.

I write when I have time and can make myself do it. I'm in an editing stage right now so the going's slow to begin with.

I try to wait on God's leading. When I go after it on my own, I just get lost in what I'm doing.

I have had to get out of the house lately, go to the library. It's much less distracting. Plus, if I'm ignoring the presence of the people around me, they're strangers, not my family members, so it's not as rude.

Whenever I feel inspired, or the right emotion strikes for the perfect part in my writings...

I find it easier for me to write after I just finished reading a good fictional book or watching a really good movie. I know that's a little bit of a cliche, but it's true for me.

Most mornings I wake with tons of thoughts floating within my mind. Writing for me is mostly mornings and sometimes overnight.

The time is there for me, but I do get one as much as possible. I haven't written much for the past few years, there's been a lot going on, but now that it has slowed down, I have the time. Odd enough, because of several things that have "slowed me down" in my life, yet some how, writing has always been there for me, God has always been there for me. Maybe writing is my way of finally earning an income, Ha... Who knows...

I really, really wish I had a set schedule. Unfortunately it's when I find the time. I was able to crank out two books in the last two years, but the third seems to be taking much longer and I never rush through a story.

I have days off from my job as a nurse. I write as much as I can on those days so I can post later on working days.

I wait until the deadline is staring me in the face. Then I panic and write-write-write. Come on... you all do that same thing if you're being honest... right?!

Just as God called prophets, He calls every one for some specific purpose. Whenever I feel a call from God, my heart says to me to write. I feel strongly that I should write. And I write. I write Christian articles in Faithwriters, Triond, etc. under my name"thresia paulose". If any one wants me to write I am ready to glorify God through writing. Please make use of me. Thanks be to God.

I try to write every day and usually write one blog. Some days, I have more inspiration than others, and I'll write a couple of blogs at once. I'm also trying HARD to get my first book done. I'm the proofer (after having others go through it), and I feel the responsibility of turning out the best product possible. Sooooo it's many times, many reads later, and I'm still working on it. Hopefully soon! When I'm going through the book, it takes me two days, probably a good 8-10 hours each day that I'm working on it. I am trying to be picky and catch every mistake. Yeah, I know, good luck! :) My kids are grown and out of the house, and most weeks for me are fairly "regular" now. But, of course, when we have one of those "interesting" weeks, I get less writing done.

I'm systematic in most things - I feel writing has to be a part of the scheduled week. If something is not important it won't be a priority.

Lately, I've been thinking about this a lot. Thing is, before, I didn't have a writing schedule at all. But nowadays, especially with summer coming up, I'm going to have a lot of time for writing. So maybe I should make a writing schedule.

I wish there was a how-to article somewhere for this, haha.

I write whenever I find the time. With three kids, 4 if I count my husband, and work, my time is taken up. I have a lot of late night writing sessions.

How I wish I have more hours to do writing. But my work keeps me glued to it all the time although I really try to find time in a day to write something. I need help on this I know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.