Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJane4r43

Finding My Way Back Into Writing

I feel God nudging me to return to writing, using my life experiences as a springboard for a project. I dabbled in writing about 30 years ago, attending many worships, conferences, and took a writing course. I knew the ropes back then, and even had some stories published. Then God put a parenthesis into my life with a full time position in a nursing home as an activities director, then moved me into social services and later surprised me with my own guardianship agency. I loved what I did, but with family and work responsibilities, my writing fell by the wayside.

I retired about 6 years ago and God provided me with a free lance position with our local newspaper, reporting and photographing human interest stories. Now, I feel God nudging me back into a writing as a ministry, whether it be just for myself, or published for others.

I know things have changed drastically while I was away, and I hope that Christianwiters.com help me find my way back.

I am very busy in ministry in our local church. It is a small congregation so everyone has wear alot of hats. especially those of us who are retired. Need some discipline to write every day, but it's not happening. I have an old blog, but not motivated to continue because i am not very experienced in how to maneuver around to make it more interesting. Any suggestions?

First of all, welcome to Christian Writers and congratulations on your achievements! A blog can be fun and be of help

to many; however, it does take time and effort to maintain it. I say that because I sometime struggle to keep my blog

going. What I do is I write about what interests me and then look at what is going on currently in that particular area

and then write my article. Just let your words flow as you write and before you know it, you will have a good article!

Best Wishes,

Toni :)

It's just wonderful how God leads us in to the direction He wants us to go. Praying with you that your writing will be blessed. I only joined today but wow a lot of good topics being discussed.