Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What Would Your Main Character Do?

It's time to have a little fun with our main characters! :) Here's how it works:

- Answer the previous person's question by giving us your character's name and reaction.

- You may also choose to answer any other questions (posed by previous people) for your character

- Post a new question for the next person to answer (about their main character)

Here's an example:

Question: How would your main character react to being trapped next to an annoying chatterbox on a long distance plane trip?

My answer: Main Character - Adeline Pierce - She would remain cold and silent. If the chatterbox continued, Adeline would give her a cold stare. Persisting even further would be met by her saying bluntly, "Leave me alone."

Yes, I know she's not very nice... she has a lot of learning and growing to do throughout the story. ;)

Now it's your turn! Answer the question below by giving us your main character's reaction. You're also welcome to answer the plane question (above) as a bonus, if you'd like. Then think up a question for the next person to answer.

Question: How would your main character react to a telemarketer's call interrupting a romantic dinner at home?

Main Character: Nick Fooley-- He would pick up the phone after the 4th ring and swear under his breath. Immediately upon hearing the opening of the speal, he would ask for their home phone number so he could call back after they had gone home from work. If they hung up, he'd laugh and if they came back with something like, "I don't give out my home number," he'd tell them not to call him at home again either. Or some other smart remark, maybe with a few choice words. He's working through PTSD after combat duty in Iraq.

My question: What would your main character do if two Mormons came to the door and interupted an ongoing arguement with another family member.

Main character Ace would leap at the the opportunity to debate theology with them instead banging his head against the wall with his parents.

Question: What would your main character do if he given a first class ticket LAX to Honolulu on an airplane where would they want to sit? Would they drink or what

Main chracter: Ackerley Penlind-- on the plane he would want to sit where he could see the exits. He's not afraid of flying but he likes to be prepared in case of an emergency. When he got to Hanolulu he would grab a cold bottle of water from the airport cafe then head to his hotel. Of course he would switch cabs at least twice to make sure he wasn't being followed.

Question: What would your main character do if he was trapped in a collapsing miners tunnel? How would he try to escape?

Main Character: Amundr of Eyjolf. If he were on a plane at all he would wonder at the magic that allowed him to survive being swallowed by the giant metal beast. If two mormons came to the door he would denounce them as heretics and bring them before the village council for judgment. If he was trapped in a collapsing miners tunnel, he would try to prop up the debris to let his companions get out, sacrificing himself in the process if necessary.

If he was trapped in a collapsing miners tunnel,

Well Angel Morganson from the Street Justice Series, would know it was a nightmare because he lives in Chicago. LOL!

What would your Character do if he or she would be walking down the street and hear footsteps closing in? Angel always has his Glock close by, he'd turn and face the person, and be ready for anything from a teen to a purp. :)

If Sally was trapped in a miners' tunnel, she would dig her way out. After helping to catch Madame, nothing would phase her.

If she was walking down the street and hear footsteps closing in, she'd take a deep breath and turn on her heel to see what was going on. (Assuming this was after the WIP finished.)

What would your Character do if he/she was asked to help stop a child enslavement ring?

Here's an interesting question to add. Would your Character do something different in one or more of these scenarios at the beginning of your WIP than he/she would at the end of your story?

Now, there's a thought.

Main Character - Jase - Would probably calculate his location (he counted his steps into the tunnel), and figure the distance it took to the end of the tunnel. By careful observation and a little luck, he would know where the weak spot where in the tunnel and be able to skirt around them. Having traveled this old miners tunnel many a time, he would know all of the passages that lead out of the dark place. Having an uncanny memory he would be able to make his way out alive, in the dark.

Jase is an exceptional tracker, warrior, swordsman, poet, and brother.

Question: What would your main character do if he/she was tied upside-down over the face of a cliff that overlooked the ocean?

Hmmm, that's a hard one. Depends on bunch of things. Is it plain ocean below? Cliffs? Rocks? Is it a straight cliff, or is there a strip of sand? How high up? How is she tied? What my main character, Rael, would probably do would be cut herself loose, (She always has her dagger with her) if the situation was right. (Cliff short enough the fall wouldn't kill her, no rocks, strip of sand nearby)

My girl Nicola, while hanging upside down from a cliff would swing her body up toward her feet and with her sharp canine teeth, she would gnaw the rope while swinging in a wide arc and just as the rope split in two she would flip around and do her famous swan dive, missing the rocks below by her natural and extraordinary sense of avoiding hard things in life. As she emerges from the salty water she has a sea bass in her teeth...supper; she wades to shore while singing "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow!”

Question: What would your main character do when being charged by a raging bull while doing a handstand on his skate board?

Rachel Shairer would roll over the top of him and then to castration with a pocket knife she carried on her.

What would your character do when they were stuck in a car for 14 hours

Main Character: Sharon Dae: If Sharon were trapped in a collapsing miners tunnel, she would remain calm and press against the curved walls for safety. When the dust had cleared she'd notice a faint draft coming from out of the darkness to her left. With her hand upon the wall guiding her, she'd follow the draft growing colder and stronger until she came to a side tunnel, less dim and much colder. Sharon would continue down the side tunnel confident with the darkness growing less dim until she saw a glimmer of light from a boarded exit. Using a broken board for leverage, she'd pry off enough boards to be able to scramble out of the tunnel onto the snow, it's winter. She's then dust off her clothes and wash her hands in the snow before taking her bearings and heading back to town with the evidence she sought still in her coat pocket.

Question: What would your main character do if they lost the keys to their car and they couldn't find their AAA card?

If Phena had happened to be born more than two centuries later than she was, she would be glad she lost those keys, because she didn't really want to go out anyway and now she has a good excuse to stay home. Well, good enough...

As she wasn't, she wouldn't miss them!

Question: What would your character do if their house was taken over by enemy soldiers one evening and they had no one else to stay with?

She would let them come in and help as much as she can. Because her brother died fighting for the enemy cause.

Question: How would your character feel if their pastor was kicked out of the church and town?

EJ Whitney would wonder what was going on and why - and what should he do about it. He loves a good mystery!

Question: What would your character do if faced with the dilemma of choosing between ratting out his best friend or taking the blame for something he didn't do?

Hmm, that's a good one. Since I'm still in the first book, she just moved there, so Sam probably wouldn't feel connected enough to him to be as upset about it as the rest of the church. She's not very fond of the town, though, so she'd probably side with the pastor, thinking that most of the townies are idiots.

Question: What kind of character would irritate your character the most?

She is irritated by selfish people and arrogant snobs.

What would your character do if they walked in on someone trying to commit suicide?

Maurice and his mate Rachel would tackle suicidal person phsyically stop act and call authorities to pet person in mental hosptial

Ace would try to talk the person out of it.

Roxanne would scream and then grab the person by both wrists and knock them down, then call 911.

"Stop" It wasn't a command or a plea. It was more like a suggestion. "Is it worth it?" she asked. The strange girl simply stared bewildered at her until something suddenly swelled up inside her.

"Yes!" she screamed out, "I've lost everything and no one wants me here anyways! I'm constantly bullied at school, at home, and online. I just found out that the one person I thought I could trust is a big liar and my phone broke!"

She was thrown a little off-guard at the last comment but she shook it off. "I understand."

"No you don't! That's what everyone always says. I understand what you're going through, I understand how it feels, but they never do! You don't even know me!" the girl roared, letting out years of hatred and anger.

"But I do. I tried it too." The girl seemed shocked at this. "But I had good reason. Of course it didn't work or I wouldn't be here right now, talking to you. You think you lost everything? You don't know what it's like to have truly lost everything. Because of what I did, I almost lost my life, but worse yet, I lost my memory. You may think that is all good and dandy, not remembering all the bad things that have happened to you, but it doesn't stop there. You forget all the good in your life. You forget yourself. I don't want you to go through what I went through. So before you pull the trigger or drop the chair, think. Is it worth it?" With that, she walked away leaving the girl to think about what she had said.

This is how my character would have reacted if she had come across the person at the end of the book. In the beginning, she couldn't remember anything so she probably wouldn't know what to do.

How would your character celebrate the last day of school?

Ace between his Jr and senior year HS would go to a couple friends telling them he would wish this summer would last forever since it was the final summer between youth and adulthood....

Tragically one would never see her senior year.

Um, I don't know. My fantasy character is already done with her minimum amout of schooling, so it doesn't really apply. :)

What would you MC do if they were faced with either killing their enemy, or letting them go? (And if they let them go, it would either cost the MC his life, or something really really bad would happen)

My main character, David, would kill rather than die,

and according to rumors he's an ex-operative so he may

be used to wet operations. My guess is that it's an old enemy

seeking revenge.

Of course, they may only be rumors to help sell his

spy novels and he might cringe at anything bigger

than his computer. But his very significant other believes it's true.

David puts off annoying people and calls by speaking Italian or

Spanish or another language.

What would your main character do if economice conditions continue to deteriorate and drastic life style changes are necessary?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.