Are All the "Sheep Folds" Only on Earth?

"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

(John 10:16)

This is speculation.  Where are the other Folds of Jesus' Sheep?  Would they only be here on Earth?  Wouldn't they also be on other Earthlike Planets, throughout the Milky Way and other Galaxy's, throughout the entire Universe, which were all part of God's creation?   

Edited by William D'Andrea

39 minutes ago, Zee said:

That’s a cool idea, and there’s nothing in Scripture to necessarily rule it out, as far as I know...but I think Jesus was talking about the Gentile nations here.

Just what I was going to say, that Jesus was referring to the Gentiles in the above passage, but @Zee beat me to it. 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I'm wondering.  Would anybody know about any science fiction writings, concerning Earthlike Planets, in which a Christlike character exists; and/or there are Christian like Religions?

You might enjoy C.S. Lewis’s Space Trilogy.

• Like 1

I don't believe that aliens exist. No, the Bible never says one way or the other, but there is never any reference made to them in any way, and the Creation account is talking about the entire universe, not just Earth, so I would expect to find them there if God made them.

2 hours ago, M. D. Boncher said:

So here's the next question to this brilliant speculation... Will other sheep look human since we are made in the image of God?

I suppose that depends on whether you think that God has a physical body.

I think many people would say that being made in God’s image means that we have rational minds and immortal souls, and I wouldn’t disagree with that...but I’m also inclined to think that it does extend to include our physical beings in some mysterious way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zee said:

I suppose that depends on whether you think that God has a physical body.

Well, if you believe that analogy of being in God's image includes being a triune being (God the Father, Jesus Christ (who had/has a physical body), and the Holy Spirit). I fall into the camp of that our physical form as well as our spirit and mind/soul fall into the same mimicry of God's nature.  I would suspect by that logic that could mean that other "saved" species would be very close to human in appearance. I know that some believe intelligent life can only exist in a human-like form due to the objective laws of physical reality. I don't know, but it's interesting to contemplate. Who knows how far this difference could extend? 

I remember something in the Star Trek universe where they came to the reason why humans, klingons, vulcans and romulans were all biologically compatible, because they were species created from the same elder species who seeded that portion of the galaxy.

Again, fun to ponder.  Definitely mysterious. 🙂 

• Like 2

On a different writers website, I have actually posted the opening chapters or an uncompleted manuscript, about an Earthlike planet where the human birthrate is women outnumbering men by 12 to 1. 

I've given it the title "Harem Wars".

I don't know if I'll ever complete it. 

15 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

On a different writers website, I have actually posted the opening chapters or an uncompleted manuscript, about an Earthlike planet where the human birthrate is women outnumbering men by 12 to 1. 

I've given it the title "Harem Wars".

I don't know if I'll ever complete it. 

With that ratio, I think I’d call it “Husband Wars!”

Reminds me of the situation described in Isaiah 4...

1 hour ago, Zee said:

With that ratio, I think I’d call it “Husband Wars!”

Reminds me of the situation described in Isaiah 4...

On that Planet, the related Harems are united into Clans, which are usually controlled by one of the mothers, who's given the title "Big Momma".  There are many armed Clan Wars, in which the younger women are the warriors, and the Big Mommas are the ones in command.

Edited by William D'Andrea