Better check out this short story contest!

WritersWeekly.com is having their 24 hour short story contest. Only 500 entrants allowed. There is a $5 entry fee. After you pay, you can download the guidelines. Start time is 12:00 noon on January 22. There are 85 prizes.

1st Place

$300 Cash Prize

A FREE BOOK PUBLISHING PACKAGE FROM BOOKLOCKER.COM – valued at $875!!

Publication of winning story on the WritersWeekly.com website

A free writing-related print or ebook of the winner’s choice from BookLocker.com

1-year subscription to the Write Markets Report

Publishing Package Prize – The Fine Print: BookLocker.com has published more than 13,000 titles in the past 20 years. This publishing package includes interior design, original cover design, ISBN, barcode, distribution/fulfillment, etc. CLICK HERE to see the At Your Service package details. The first place winner’s manuscript must be ready for review and formatting within three months of notification by BookLocker that he or she has won. The manuscript must first be approved for publication by BookLocker. (BookLocker.com will not publish books with bad writing or poor editing, nor ones that violate laws, contain libel or invasion of privacy, or that teach people how to perform illegal acts.) If BookLocker can’t publish the winner’s book for any of these reasons, their prize will instead be a free print book of their choice from BookLocker.com, in addition to the prizes above, of course.

2nd Place

$250 Cash Prize

Publication of winning story on WritersWeekly.com’s contest website

A free writing-related print or ebook of the winner’s choice from BookLocker.com

3rd Place

$200 Cash Prize

Publication of winning story on WritersWeekly.com’s contest website

A free writing-related print or ebook of the winner’s choice from BookLocker.com

40 – Honorable Mentions

A one-year subscription to The Write Markets Report

A free writing-related ebook of the winner’s choice from BookLocker.com

25 – Door Prize Winners!  (randomly drawn from all participants):

A one-year subscription to The Write Markets Report

35 – Grab Bag Winners!

A free writing-related ebook of the winner’s choice from BookLocker.com

• Like 1

Super cool!  But where do you find the prompt for the contest?  Also, I didn't see anything about this on there, but am I allowed to enter, being a minor?  That's been a problem for me on past writing contests that award cash prizes, such as Reedsy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grey_Skies said:

uper cool!  But where do you find the prompt for the contest? 

Based on what I understood, they give the prompt the day the contest starts, since they don't want individuals cheating and writing/perfecting their stories beforehand...

But you could always ask; I may be wrong...LOL!

Just heard back from them, and they said I could participate if a parent sign me up and pays the entry fee.  I might give this a shot . . . 😃

EDIT: I think I'm going to have to skip out on this after all.  I'm going to snow camp with my youth group and getting home that day and I'm sure I'll be super tired.  I probably won't be able to write an entire short story overnight and then go to church in the morning.  Hopefully I'll be able to get in the next time they do this!

Edited by Grey_Skies