The VA Hospital

Guest Spaulding

Guest Spaulding

Hubby, (aka John), gets all his healthcare through the VA. (Veteran's Affair, if you aren't into American abbreviations.) During the first year of the pandemic, most of his healthcare was through phone calls, and a video chat here and there. His iron infusions were done at home.

Last year, life went back to normal for a while. We'd go to the hospital for his appointments. (Iron infusion at hospital is 20 minutes. At home 90 minutes, so whew!) But 30% of hospital workers demanded their "rights" to not get vaccinated. They were given a choice between fired or vaccinated by November 30, 2021.

We went for his monthly iron infusion today. We talk to the nurses giving the infusions, and we got to talking about the freaking facemask, which, lead to Covid. She said that she knew 10 people who refused to be vaccinated. "Knew." They died from it. Most of the patients staying in the hospital have Covid today. They weren't vaccinated.

They're back to starting phone appointments again. We were called ahead of time to come in, ("Have you gone out of the country in the last 10 days?" et. al.), and given a proper mask at the door. The hallways were all but empty. Blood draw is usually full, with people waiting in the hall. John got called back immediately. The other three men were called back as he came back out. Elevators were 90% express. (Only once was someone else with us, so it zoomed to the floor without stopping.) That was fun.

A problem though. Hubby had a lump his kidney 8 years ago. They froze it out, (cryoablation), and biopsied it. The best way to find out you have cancer is to learn it after it has been removed.

He has two lumps now though. Found that out shortly before Christmas. They were trying to schedule him for another cryoablation, but it got delayed because of the holidays. It's been a full business week after the holidays, and no word. I fear because of Covid. (He's getting a CT scan for his lungs on a Sunday, so Covid is definitely messing around with scheduling.)

It is cancer. It's still very curable through cryoablation, but he has to have cryoablation, and Covid is messing with that now.

So please pray. (And if you haven't been vaccinated? 🤐)

May your husband get the proper care that he needs and not be interfered with by petty politicians and bureaucrats scratching for more power. Everyone should be free to decide what is best for their health with their doctor and the best information available.

• Like 3

Guest Spaulding

When did freedom and rights trump caring for others' lives?

The nurse also told us that Covid would go away if 90% were vaccinated. Vaccinated doesn't stop us from getting it. It stops it from killing us. Then it just becomes another flu.

I don't exactly understand what you're saying about what the nurse said about people dying and about the unvaccinated. Or your opinion. Or maybe I do, and my mind won't resonate it right now? 

But I will be praying for your husband! Keep us updated if you can please! ❤️ 

• Like 1

Praying for your husband!

4 hours ago, Spaulding said:

When did freedom and rights trump caring for others' lives?

Since this is a writing site, maybe it'd be best if we stayed away from this topic. 🙂 You have the freedom to get the shot. Others, myself included, have the freedom not to get it.

• Like 4

Guest Spaulding

Gal. 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

We are free from sin and death to love and serve Christ, not our flesh. Seeking freedom for ourselves is indulging. Loving others is doing what we can to stop others from dying a horrible death for no reason other than "freedom."

The nurse said if 90% would get the vaccines, Covid stops hospitalizing and killing people! We can get back to what we're supposed to be doing, rather than "indulging." Meanwhile, the very ones who should be helping others are one of the biggest groups refusing the vaccines for "freedom." This is not showing God's light through us.

As far as not writing about this? Considering John may be one who dies because of "freedom," it's a bit more personal than manners on a writing site. And I did try to do that, until so many had to tell me how free they are.

9 hours ago, HK1 said:

Since this is a writing site, maybe it'd be best if we stayed away from this topic. 🙂 You have the freedom to get the shot. Others, myself included, have the freedom not to get it.

Agreed. Let's keep this away from debate regarding the jab and stay on topic. 🙂

Spaulding, I will be praying for your husband, too. I'm so sorry you and he are facing this and will pray God clears the way for his treatment.

• Like 2

I know which side I'm on, and I hate to butt in, but this appears to maybe be getting out of hand.  

Look, we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter what our opinion about these earthly things may be.  Even with our differences of opinion, we should be striving to love one another, as Christ loved us, and I think that's what the majority of us are trying to do.  "Let each esteem other better than themselves." 

Who's right and who's wrong in their opinions about the vaccine is not (or at least should not) be the issue at hand.  ("You may be wrong, for all I know, but you may be right." ~Billy Joel)

We all said one thing in common: we're all praying for you and John.  We care about you.  That's, I think, what's actually important here.

And it's already been suggested that we leave this topic alone before more hurt and stress is caused.  Let's not let Satan divide us over these issues!

EDIT: Sorry, yeah, posted this at the same time as @Rebecca.

Edited by Grey_Skies
  • Like 5

• Johne locked this topic