"I have never had..."

Guest Spaulding

Guest Spaulding
20 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

I did not take "One small step for a man", or "a giant leap for Mankind."

I'm at that age when I think climbing in or out of the tub is "a giant leap." That I take a shower is "for Mankind." 🤭

Guest Spaulding
1 hour ago, Grey_Skies said:

Me neither, but that's something I plan on rectifying in the new year!

It's bait, not food. (I've never eaten for just that reason, too. 😊)

I’ve never had grades in English classes that were better than my ones in Spanish.  Olé!

I’ve never had a non-speeding ticket.

I’ve never had a chiropractic appointment.

I’ve never had a seat at an opera.

I’ve never had a bucket list.  Too busy with the spigot.

I’ve never had occasion to wear a tuxedo.

I’ve never had a ride on a horse.

I’ve never had an appreciation for insects.

I’ve never been asked to sing a solo in church.

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Like 3

On 1/1/2022 at 2:07 PM, Grey_Skies said:

May I ask how you sit and how/where you eat your meals??

We sit on floor cushions and eat on a plastic mat. Ideal for a nomadic lifestyle...

I might add that I’ve moved at least eight times in the past decade, and never once needed a moving truck.

Edited by Zee
  • Like 2

I've never had...

*a broken bone

*stitches

*siblings

*divorced or separated parents

*to go to the hospital for any medical reason

*to go to a public school

*chronic health problems

*a pet

*braces

*any dental problems

*surgery

*anything alcoholic or tobacco-related

*a concussion

*a sting from a wasp or a bee

*an ant bite (as far as I'm aware...lol)

*a hippopotamus for Christmas 

😄 

Correction: I was taken to the hospital as a baby twice--once for when my mom was concerned about my lack of weight gain and once to the ER because I'd stuck a crayon up my nose...and then sneezed it out while we were waiting. 😆 

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Like 3

Guest Spaulding
3 hours ago, Zee said:

I might add that I’ve moved at least eight times in the past decade, and never once needed a moving truck.

😲

Original thought is, "yeah, but are the people who helped you move still friends?" But serious lack of furniture has me asking, "Do you need more than a car to move?"

And most important question, "You do take good care of your stuffed animals when you move, right?" 🤭

Guest Spaulding

@Ky_GirlatHeart

I don't know which shocked me more -- no stitches or no hippopotamus for Christmas!

(I will have to make another hippo this year, but take lots of Christmas pictures with it before sending her out to another home that needs a hippo.)

And I think the chiro appointment might change your lack of hospital time, (assuming your testing area is in the hospital.) Chiros like pictures of bones, so you might be heading toward Xrays or MRI.

Edited by Spaulding

2 hours ago, Spaulding said:

I don't know which shocked me more -- no stitches or no hippopotamus for Christmas!

LOL, I've been blessed for the first one! The second one...eh, we have no room for one. LOL!!

(I will have to make another hippo this year, but take lots of Christmas pictures with it before sending her out to another home that needs a hippo.)

Aww, you make hippos for Christmas?? You definitely need to show us pictures if you can please!

And I think the chiro appointment might change your lack of hospital time, (assuming your testing area is in the hospital.) Chiros like pictures of bones, so you might be heading toward Xrays or MRI.

The chiropractor I'm going to is separate from a hospital; so I'm guessing I'm having X-rays done there. That's how it went for my dad when he had his appointment (and the spine pictures are fascinating...).

• Like 1

Guest Spaulding

@Ky_GirlatHeart

About half a year into being disabled, (and two months short of figuring out it was permanent), a friend online sent me a C.A.R.E. package full of her favorite things. Many things, but two were a stuffed dog, (now Lady), and a teddy bear, now Spaulding. First time I laughed in months.

It literally was a godsend. Spaulding has such a serious face, and the first thing I ever had him do was dance to a song on the radio -- King Tut by Steve Martin. That cracked me up too, so I kept getting him to do silly things. And that's where my stuffed animal craziness started.

Some police and firefighters keep stuffed animals in their trunk, in case they meet someone who just went through something horrible. They ask people to help, so I've given them some (store-boughts) over the years too.

When I quit smoking, I also no longer needed to roll my own, giving me time for a new hobby. I figured our pastors run into people who have gone through horrors too. One pastor had his 2-year-old son in ICU for the second time in the boy's life, and I saw the strain on his and his wife's face. (The first one I made was the dog in the picture below, and I named him Homer, figuring the one word parents and son would think often is "home." It's two years later, and the boy hasn't been in the hospital since.) I started crocheting stuffies a few months before Covid hit. That gave me 18 months to make a few. And when the time came, I packed them into a backpack, and took them to meet the pastors. (Had to tell that pastor that he could not give them to babies for fear of choking hazards. Whew. Because this church has never had a day without one or more women expecting. lol)

So the only picture I ever took of them was in the backpack before I left. The two at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock are giraffes. Monkey at 2 o'clock, followed by Homer, and then a cat. The hippo is the pink girl at 8 o'clock, and an elephant between her and the giraffe up top. There's at least two teddies below.

And, I'm making more, but this time, I'll be sending batches to counselors or the transition home for women just coming out of prison. (I really am a teddy bear nut, but have found ways to make it work. 😆)

101_0013.JPG

23 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I've never had...

*a broken bone

*stitches

*siblings

*chronic health problems

*a pet

*braces

*any dental problems

*surgery

*a concussion

😄 

Truly impressive list of “never-hads!” Unfortunately, you are almost guaranteed to have to start removing items from it as you grow older...

Probably not the hippo, though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spaulding said:

😲

Original thought is, "yeah, but are the people who helped you move still friends?" But serious lack of furniture has me asking, "Do you need more than a car to move?"

And most important question, "You do take good care of your stuffed animals when you move, right?" 🤭

Yes, no, and yes (actually I let my boys deal with that last one—they can be counted on to see that no bears are left behind.)

On 1/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I've never had...

*a broken bone

*stitches

*siblings

*chronic health problems

*a pet

*braces

*any dental problems

*surgery

*a concussion

😄 

Wow, that IS quite a list, @Ky_GirlatHeart!  I'm much the same as you, except for a pet (I have two beloved cats and a sweet old dog), a bee/wasp sting, and an ant bite (trust me, AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!) Also, the concussion.  I might have.  Not really sure, but probably not.

Still . . . you've never had a pet?  That's so sad!  I can't imagine living without some of kind of pet (probably multiple pets). 😢

• Like 1

Guest Spaulding
12 hours ago, jayjay said:

Y'all seem a little hung up on that fingerprint thing. I've been fingerprinted...twice. Gotcha wondering what for? 😏🤭

Hubby's been fingerprinted twice. Once for the Navy and the other time for working in a nuclear power plant. I also think teachers are fingerprinted, and parents sometimes fingerprint their kids just-in-case. Have I guessed yet?