Happy New Year, all!

lynnmosher

I don't have any plans for New Year's Eve.  I never do.  I usually just go to bed at my usual time.  If anything interesting happens at the Time's Square Celebration.  I'll see it on the TV News, when I get up in the morning.

I remember the New Year's Celebration, at the beginning of the Year 2000 AD.  That was the Beginning of the next Century and next Millennium.  A truly special  event. 

They were planning to hold a different event in Time's Square, ever hour of that day, between 6AM and Midnight.  I thought I might take a Long Island Railroad train into the City, and spend a few hours there myself.  That was until I watched the Morning News at 7AM, and saw the size of the crowd.

Then I thought, Forget it!

If I'd gone into the City, then when I wanted to have lunch, every eatery in the Time's Square area would be packed to the walls with people.  Who knows how long it would have taken me to get a seat and be served lunch?

I decided to stay home.  I don't remember what I had for lunch, or where I ate it.

Anyway.

However you celebrate it, or even if you don't.

Happy New Year Everyone! 

image.thumb.png.c70cab376289b7d7b16dea6778642f6a.png

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 3