Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysheltie

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I am what they call a baby Christian. I am not sure how long I am a baby Christian for. I recently have started a blog because I have started writing. I am still a little taken back because I have not received it yet as my calling or gift yet. Growing up if you told me that I would be a writer I would laugh in your face. I currently go to University of Phoenix and I can not stand writing papers but I think its because it doesn't come naturally to me the way my current writing has. I also am not strong in grammar and punctuation and makes me a bit self conscience about writing. I like it though right now because I feel it is giving me an out way to express my journey with Christ. Often times we talk about a difficult time God helped us through and how we came to know him. But I don't think that we really discuss the in between the leaving of our old life and the in between of coming in to our new life and coming in can be a little much both good and bad. Even the joy of having a child can be overwhelming. I think as God reveals himself that we can get overwhelmed and talking to some Christians can be very confusing as well. But maybe if there was a safe place where we felt comfortable to express ourselves with out the criticism or awkward eyes. Anyways I am learning and growing everyday and am curious about where this writing will take me. Feel free to check my website out and yes I will be changing the name but its www.leahsmarketplace.com check it out and please give me some feedback.

It's good to have you join the family. I know what you mean about writing. Reading used to do it for me because I always thought it to be boring and time consuming, but now I can't get enough of Gods Word in my life. And to give you some encouragement, if someone had told me 4-5 years ago that I was going to come to God, I possibly would have laughed at them or shrugged my shoulders like I didn't care. Turns out, they would have been right but also it's the best decision I've ever made!!

Have joyous times writing! God bless

Just my opinion, but I think you will do well with writing; especially Christian writing. In your intro you expressed

your feelings well and also made a good point about transitioning from a non-Christian life to that of living a Christian life. In other words, as you wrote, leaving the "old life" behind.

So happy you're here. This is a lovely site; with much to do.

Toni :)

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. And gladder still that you have joined God's family! Not every writer has a calling from God but can be talented and have a desire to write. Your desire to help others will feed your writing. Be sure to check out the FAQ to see how things run around here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

Guest dziakj1

Very best wishes and a prayer for your Christian life and your life as a writer!

Wow! Thank you everyone I appreciate all the support. My goal is to write and hopefully do only that so that I can spend time with my kids. I am a single mother as I said. I just hope the content is good. I of course don't want to put writing or money before God but feel that hopefully with the proper guidance I can get it flowing so I can work from home praising God, writing and being with my kids. I am very great full for all of your support. I don't know if any of you are following me but I hope so so that I can receive constructive critism from you guys. Also you will be happy to know that I will be switching from university of Phoenix to Lincoln Christian college in Las Vegas they have a human services, leadership, or christian ministry program all of which will encourage my growth with God. Yay!!!!

Guys I really do enjoy writing but hoe do I write and utilize Christian affiliate programs. While I do enjoy writing I also am a single mother of two with little to know help from the government and the father I would really appreciate if I could get some guidance on this area. I love blogging.

Mysheltie, I would suggest that you take your question over to the writing forum. You will get little help here as it for introducing oneself only. I had a thought for you so I'll post you when you get start your other thread. :D