All 12 tenses

Guest Spaulding

Guest Spaulding

On another writer's site, someone asked if flashbacks could be done in present tense too. And, if it is possible, (and it is), then how to differentiate between present story and back stories. There are two ways. Present perfect and present continuous.

Are you thinking that doesn't help because I'm writing in past tense? The only reason I knew about present continuous is because I used past continuous for one of my flashbacks.

So, naturally, (for me), I'm now wondering if a story could be told in future tense.

I don't know if that's possible, but if you'd ever like to play around with tenses for a story, or an article, here's a refresher on all the tenses

On 12/5/2021 at 7:55 AM, Spaulding said:

So, naturally, (for me), I'm now wondering if a story could be told in future tense.

I think God could make this interesting. The rest of us, however, should be content to tell a good story in Past Tense and call it a day. 😉