Hello from Nick Cole

Nick Cole

Hello, everyone.  My name is Nick Cole.  I write non-fiction inspirational books, primarily intended for use in study groups.  My books are not for profit.  Rather, I'm offering them free to Christians who wish to use them in their Bible study groups. 

I currently have two books in the final stages of editing.  

The Fruit Bearers is a study of spiritual fruit that each of us will produce when we are grafted into the True Vine, Jesus Christ.  It is semi-fictional in nature, told as if the disciple John is teaching it to his fellow prisoners on the island of Patmos during the final years of his life.

The Shadow of Christ looks at the rituals, holy days, and instructions God gave us that are shadows of things to come, all of which find their substance in Christ himself.  It is based on Colossians 2:16-17.

I have started a not-for-profit, on-line publishing company where I hope to make both books available.  Before moving forward, I hope to find other Christian writers who are willing to join me in this venture.  Although the books will be published on-line at no charge, it is my hope that this will provide a solid networking base for writers who wish to move forward with for-profit projects.

I also want to find other writers who are willing to be a proofreading partner.  I'll read and proofread your book in exchange for having you do the same for me.

I'm looking forward to meeting others here at ChristianWriters.com.  Thanks for welcoming to your forum.  

• Like 2

Yay! Someone else on my side of the aisle! I write devotionals and inspirational stories. Welcome to our writing family, Nick. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

• Thanks 1

Yes, I have two or three projects I'm working on. Well, off and on.

If you'd like to someone's comment, highlight (if you don't know how, don't be hesitant to ask), and when a little box pops up, click Quote. The highlighted portion will then open a new window and you can type underneath it. Hope that helps. 😄

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

If you'd like to someone's comment, highlight (if you don't know how, don't be hesitant to ask), and when a little box pops up, click Quote. The highlighted portion will then open a new window and you can type underneath it. Hope that helps.

Well wasn't that far too easy.  I think my mistake was not holding my tongue just right!😜

Well, they're not in book form but will be. They're still in progress and not really readable yet. One is a book of prayers for those days when one has a hard time praying.

The other one is rather unusual. Six years ago, I made numerous memes for Facebook. It was/is about the character She. It's difficult to explain. She starts out as the character named Sinner and goes through different emotions/trials and enters the Throne Room before the King. So many people have loved them when I posted them and asked for a book. I was working on one form but had to rethink it. So now working on a redesign and rewriting. And have added a prayer at the end of each one. So you know what I'm talking about, here's one of the memes.

image.png.879073eba3f487db69ddbe5d6fae1123.png

• Like 2

That is a message that many need to hear.  I can see why so many would ask you to publish it. 

It resonates with our souls, reminding us that we can never be truly alone when the King calls us friend.

I'm the richer for having read it and getting to know the author.  🙂

3 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

But hello, and welcome to our family! 🙂 What kind of sweets do you like? 

Forgiven! 😁 I love pecan pie with maraschino pudding.  I doubt you'll find much on the pudding, as it's a family recipe involving about 3000 pounds of sugar mixed with whipping cream, beaten egg whites, crushed pineapple, gelatin, maraschino cherries, and vanilla.  Satisfying to any sweet tooth and disaster for any diet.