Does Your Personal Life Shape Your Writing?

22 hours ago, Accord64 said:

Something I've notice more as of late (due to our current contentious social climate), but it's always been there to some degree in the past. I've even used it as an underlying message, or a quick (humorous) jab at some silly church (or cultural) tradition.  

I write because some girls, (old girls), said I can't.

I started writing this series without mention of religion or political parties. (Meh. They're taking their fight to Capitol Hill, so it is about politics, but against both parties.)

Some writers told me I should include some reference to the gay-agenda, and I told them why I shouldn't. (No middle-grade book should have reference to any sexuality. Kids don't think in those terms, and to introduce them to such things is to indoctrinate and emotionally abuse them.)

Well, that went over about as well as the Chunnel. So, now the gospel is fitting in too.

If you ever want me to do something, tell me I can't. 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spaulding said:
23 hours ago, Accord64 said:

I write because some girls, (old girls), said I can't.

How strange.

1 hour ago, Spaulding said:

Some writers told me I should include some reference to the gay-agenda, and I told them why I shouldn't.

Excellent!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, suspensewriter said:

Does your personal life shape your writing?

Yes. Definitely. There is no way it couldn't. In my opinion, anyway.   When you write, you're obviously writing with your own style, which is basically just the way your personality feels like jotting things down. And where do you get your personality? The way you think and feel about things? The way you look at life? From your personal life. Your upbringing, things you've read, things people have said, your life in general.  As a reader are you going to be able to understand someone's life just by reading their book? Not necessarily. But you writing is impacted by your life.   Just my crazy thoughts on the subject. 😁

• Thanks 1