Fake Writer Syndrome

On 11/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, Accord64 said:

If we're totally honest with ourselves (as self-published authors), this scenario is likely. Statistically, most self published authors won't sell more than 100 books. 

From Publisher's Weekly, (who write about traditional publishing, at least when they wrote this in 2005.): "The average book in America sells about 500 copies. Those blockbusters are a minute anomaly: only 10 books sold more than a million copies last year, and fewer than 500 sold more than 100,000."

It's considered "a seller," at 3,000 copies. Best sellers average 15,000 to 30,000. So, what you said doesn't work just for indie authors. It's all authors. I think we take our obligation higher when we add "Christian" to the phrase.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Amosathar said:

So if this is what God wants me to do, then I believe that He will use it as He sees fit.

If that is something God didn't want you to do, you'd be trying to keep your hands off the acidy inside of a very large fish's stomach. 😆

(God gets us where He wants us to go, whether we agree or not. God has you working on this, so it is where you're supposed to be. He'd have stopped you by now, if it wasn't. No idea if that means you'll finish or sell it, but He is having you do this for His sovereign purposes. I also believe that about what I'm writing, and I'm writing a teddy bear epic.)

96117994_3268682976690737_1509661419493130240_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

I'm sorry to say, Jeff, but I've never heard of them!😀  I don't listen to much music, I'm afraid.  I've got a blind spot in that regard.  Songs just don't affect me very much.

What did you do to relax before the Internet? (I know people who were never into TV. You might be the first person I met who isn't into TV or music. 😲)