Do you have a book in you?

lynnmosher

Here's the beginning of a novel, which I started several years ago.   It was just an idea.  I was never able go beyond this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beneath the Glaring Bloodshot Eye

By William D’Andrea

On an Earthlike World, where people worship a gigantic Galaxy in their sky, God chooses a Prophet from among them, to lead them along His Way that would lead them to Eternal Life.

The Lord God looked out upon the universe, at all that he had made; upon the galaxies and nebulas; upon the suns and their solar systems and upon all the planets where he had created life.  He looked upon all the planets where he had created people in his own image.

He looked out upon one world, where half the nighttime sky was filled with a dazzling bright galaxy surrounding a bright red glowing orb at its center.  The people of this Planet said that the Galaxy was shaped like a glaring bloodshot eye.  The people on this Planet, who were made in the image of God, ignored God, and instead they worshiped the Eye in the Sky.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would anyone have any suggestions about this book's further development?

1 hour ago, Grey_Skies said:

sci-fi has never, ever been my strong suit. 

Hello Grey_Skies.  It's good to hear from you again.  I hope you've recovered from Covid or whatever the illness was.  I will thank and praise the Lord for your healing.

If you can't think of anything that might help with my proposal, could you still post one of your writing prompts, for which I have been patiently waiting?

Thank you.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

I hope you've recovered from Covid or whatever the illness was.  I will thank and praise the Lord for your healing

Thank you, William, I am mostly recovered.  As it turns out, it was Covid.  A very mild case though, thankfully.  I appreciate your prayers and patience with me.

4 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

If you can't think of anything that might help with my proposal, could you still post one of your writing prompts, for which I have been patiently waiting?

Absolutely.  I've been procrastinating for far too long, and your request is the little push I need.  I'll go search for one right now, and post it as soon as I find a suitable one.