Sorry I haven't been around, prayers needed

Grey_Skies

Hey all,

I've barely been online in the past week, as things have just been happening one after the other. Last weekend I spent with some close friends, having fun and attending a ceramics class.  When I went home on Sunday afternoon, I brought a new addition to the family home with me: her name is Scout, and she is a calico kitten, roughly 3 months old.  She's been a lot of work so far, especially as my other cat, Eddie, isn't accepting her as readily as I'd like.  We're still not sure it's going to work between them.  I'd hate to give her up, she's such a cute, sweet little thing, but I might have to.

Every night this week, from Monday to Wednesday, my dad and I were attending a Faith Promise Missions conference at our church, which was a blessing, with much excellent preaching.  Last night, we helped my old church (not the one we currently attend) with their annual Harvest dinner.  So it's been go, go, go with not much rest.

Finally, very suddenly last night something came over me and just started feeling really sick.  My back hurt and I was running a tiny fever, which has gone up even more this morning.  I'm sort of hungry and yet food does not appeal to me.  There are moments where I can barely keep my thoughts straight.  I'm going to try to get tested later today, but I honestly believe I've got COVID.  I found out that my youth pastor just tested positive, and I was sitting right next to him on the first night of the missions conference.  

So please pray for me, I've got to much going on, and I really don't feel well.  Other than that, I should be back online regularly now, especially since I'm sick and have nothing to do.

I'd also like to extend my apologies to @William D'Andrea and anyone else who was expecting further writing prompts from me.  I'll try to post one as soon as I'm feeling up to looking for one.

God bless.

14 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

I'd also like to extend my apologies to @William D'Andrea and anyone else who was expecting further writing prompts from me.  I'll try to post one as soon as I'm feeling up to looking for one.

God bless.

Hello Grey_Skies.  It's okay.  Take all the time you need to recover from Covid, or whatever illness it is.  I'll be waiting with total patience. 

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask God the Father Almighty, to send forth the Holy Spirit, and heal Grey_Skies completely, from whatever illness she has.  I ask that her Pastor also be healed, along with everyone else who has Covid.

I ask in Jesus Name.  Amen. 

• Thanks 1

@Grey_Skies  so sorry to hear you had COVID.

Don't worry about not being around. We all have lives and demands on our time. Be gentle with yourself. Do what you can and be assured those who know you (virtual and in person) will be there when you are ready to come back.

Praying for you.

• Thanks 1

@Grey_Skies How dare you get sick? (I'm teasing, but I know how quickly I guilt about how my health might affect others, when it rarely does.)

I'll be praying for your health.

As for cats? That one is easier. Most cats don't get along with one another when they meet. That's part of being a cat. Back when I was in my 20s and had a good beginning towards being the Cat Lady in the neighborhood, I learned how to get cats to the point of accepting one another. (I tended towards three cats, but always finding a new home for one, and then bringing in another stray.) Do understand that was in the late 70s, and part of the deal I made with future-hubby was to suspend my Cat-Lady-like ways.  That means I can remember some of the scenes, but can no longer tell you how it worked. But the good news is there is a way to get two, (or more), cats to accept one another. Google it. (And back then it required a library to learn. 😳)

Hopefully researching that when you're up to it will slow your mind from worrying about Covid. I do remember waiting for the answer to that question feels like an eternity, but at least if you're worrying about it, that means you're doing well even if you do have it. Which, as a reminder, happens to most who get it. Most who get it, don't like it, but do get better and go on with their lives.

God is always, always in control. Even when we don't feel it. He promised.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so, so much for your prayers and encouragement, everyone.  It really does mean a lot.

UPDATE: I think I just had one of the worst days of my life.  My mom was taking me to get tested earlier.  I went, and then for some reason as soon as we got back they told us my results were "inconclusive" whatever that means.  So my parents insisted on dragging me right back out to get a retest.  😖 Only, en route, the car broke down, so my dad and I were stuck on the side of the road.  My dad had a ridiculous phone call with roadside assistance, and we were probably on the side of the road for a good hour and a half or more. And it was cold in the car. Finally, we got towed to the dealership, got there around 3:50 and we waited in the dealership for at least another hour.  The sales manager was nice enough to drive us home; I was really grateful for that.  We just got home about ten minutes ago, and I'm back on the couch with my blanket in the warm loving room.  As for my health, I don't feel as bad as when I woke up this morning, and I'm going to take some more flu medicine in a little while.  My little kitten is purring on my lap.

• Sad 2

You may have had a great day. Flues and that virus get worse quickly. Worser and worser. And you just got better -- at night. That's rare. And also a sign it's not likely Covid. A flu is still a flu, but better to feel better, particularly at night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zee said:

Hope this morning finds you even better, @Grey_Skies!

Thanks.  I am more myself this morning, and overnight the symptoms seem to have devolved into what are usually normal cold symptoms for me.  It hurts a bit when I swallow, but I'm currently having some toast and applesauce, and praying that I continue to improve.  Thank you to everyone for all the prayers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

UPDATE: I've been feeling a little better every morning!  I did some school yesterday, and am getting back into my regular routine.  I was able to work on and finish another video editing project last night, so I'm pretty much back to normal and doing everything I usually do.  However, an interesting development to note is that I seem to have lost my sense of smell.  Not sure if it's just because I'm very stuffed, or if it's going to be a long-term thing.  I do have to go get another Covid test in a little while, otherwise they won't let my mom go back to work.  Please pray that this one isn't as ill-fated as my last attempt!  Other than that, I feel great, God is good, and that you for all the prayers.  You are all wonderful, and I thank God for you.