DaveO

DaveO

Greetings to all!  Just signed up and looking forward to things to come.  I will probably lurk for a while at first.  I have six books on Amazon with several more in the works.  

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, DaveO. Glad you joined us. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you like to write. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

I've been writing for a long time, but not publishing until a few years ago.  In 2017, I published "Walk With Me - A Grace Devotional."  Since then, "Narcissism in the Church," "Practical Grace," "Milestones of Grace," and "The Sermon on the Mount" have been released to Amazon.  Just this past week, I published a small book (80 pages) called, "Jesus Loves Me This I Know."  My goal is to publish three more before the end of the year.  They are written and in various stages of editing.

I find Amazon KDP publishing to be clunky and limiting, but it does allow me to get the books out and advertised within my platforms.  

I just purchased Atticus and put a book through formatting using it.  Not real impressed, but I want to give them some time.  They have a 30-day guarantee, and I plan to use it extensively during that time.  My only concern is that their "upcoming features" may not arrive before I have to make a decision on keeping the program.  So far, Atticus is better than simply using KDP, but not by as much as I had hoped.  (In fact, searching for comments on Atticus is what led me to this group.)

In other news, I blog regularly at www.graceformyheart.wordpress.com, preach at a small church, and counsel online through the ministry of Grace for the Heart.  

Thanks for the warm welcome!

• Like 1