Prayer Request

I can't be very specific about this or I will become sick (mentally/physically speaking). But I need prayers for peace right now. I know this seems out of the blue, especially because I haven't even been on lately. It's just that I'm feeling rather desperate and I'm not sure what to do. My apeirophobia is getting slowly worse to the point where I live each day feeling like I'm trapped in a dream. it's hard to sleep  and go about day-to-day life without falling into a mania of panic over my thoughts. I've tried praying and listening to Christian music and reading the Bible, all of which have helped some. But prayer is the biggest thing I need right now. ❤️ 

• Sad 4

Praying for you, Kate!  I had to Google what apeirophobia is, so now I know.  I'm so sorry you're feeling so down and out.  But it seems to me like, if you're a Christian and know that you're part of God's family, you should have no fear or dread of eternity.  If you're a child of God, saved by grace, you can face eternity with the prospect of spending it in heaven with God and your brothers and sisters in Christ.  I'll definitely be praying.  Love you, girl! 😊❤️

• Thanks 2

I'm so sorry this is such a fear for you. I didn't know what this was either. I have a question for you. What would be your most beautiful idea of existence? If you could run and play in a field of wonderful wildflowers as the sun shines and birds sing, what would it all look like to you? Would you love it? Praying for you ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live. And whosoever lives and believes in me, shall never die."

Is it the sheer thought of how long eternity is that scares you, Kate? That's the thought that creeps me out. But then I must remember: Jesus knows what it's like, and it doesn't scare him. He will make it right, in that moment when I look into his face.

❤️ hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ThePerilousPen

I'm not one to go around suggesting meds too often, but when it gets this bad, have you talked to a medical professional? As someone who can fly into hypomania or depression at any given day, meds do bring it down to manageable. (Manageable is far different from gone, but it beats unmanageable too.) The professionals helping me are Christians, so the two can go together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live. And whosoever lives and believes in me, shall never die."

Is it the sheer thought of how long eternity is that scares you, Kate? That's the thought that creeps me out. But then I must remember: Jesus knows what it's like, and it doesn't scare him. He will make it right, in that moment when I look into his face.

❤️ hope this helps!

yeah the thought of how long it is 😕 

thank you ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

yeah the thought of how long it is 😕 

thank you ❤️ 

that scares me too, sometimes. I have to remember that even though it's scary now, Jesus will make it OK when I get there. I won't care when I get to heaven about how long eternity is, because all I will care about is Jesus. This quote also helped me, somewhat, I think. Though it's worse without the weight of the whole book behind it. (I hope it helps you):

"There is no Time there, and no trouble there."

❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am praying for you, Kate. 🙏

I know from personal experience that sometimes you cannot "logic" your way out of a fear like this. But I will leave this thought in case it is helpful. Remember that in Revelation 22:20, Jesus says that He is coming "soon". 

That is what "eternity" - the only (inaccurate) word we have, because we are bound by time - is actually like. Jesus is not bound by time, so He calls the not-yet-occurred Second Coming "soon". When we reach Heaven, I believe we will have a similar experience. Nothing is long. Everything is soon.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

yeah the thought of how long it is

If it helps any, it won't be long. God created time and space, but lives outside both, therefore long doesn't exist anymore than short. I've always thought of it as timeless, not endless. Like having a good day with friends, but it has to be over eventually. Heaven is a good day with friends without even noticing time, since it's not there to notice. Watch Star Trek's Nexus. Same principle, albeit, I don't want to chop wood. Not my idea of fun.

I also get it's a phobia, so irrational fear. No one can rational when we're stuck in irrational.

• Like 1

I understand your feelings and most importantly, God understands your fear, too. Remember, Jesus also had fears while in the garden. He knew his time was coming and he "sweat" blood; he was that concerned. Also, the "evil" one will try to divert you from feelings of peace and love and when that happens, use the quotes that Jesus used in the Bible. 

Read out loud, if your want these quotes from the Bible: from James 4:7: "Resist the devil and he will flee." My husband and I recite this at least once a day and during our Bible reading at night we read out loud from the Bible: Matthew 4: 3-4 "Man shall not live on bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. And, Matthew 4:6-7 "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test." And, from Matthew 4: 9-10 "You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only."

Our good Lord knows we all have fears now and then; for He, too, had anxiety. But, He is always with you and will give you His peace. Simply ask, "In the name of Jesus Christ, will you give me your peace?" Thank you, Jesus, Amen.

I will be praying for you, Kate.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Jesus will make it OK when I get there. I won't care when I get to heaven about how long eternity is, because all I will care about is Jesus.

This is what we have to focus on. When our time ends on this earth, we will be taken up to heaven and we will see Jesus.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, ThePerilousPen said:

But prayer is the biggest thing I need right now.

A writer friend has written that we should thank God for what He has given us and for what He has done for us. It helped me just last night to get  decent night's sleep.

• Like 1