New here.

starrydragon

Hey there. Figured to introduce myself a little. I just stumbled across this website by accident and thought it would be great to join. I haven't been around Christian writers for a while now, so I've missed it.

I've been writing for about 10 or so years now, but only recently self published a poetry book. I am wanting to write a Biblically inspired/praise type of poetry book eventually (my current one is just general poetry). Besides poetry, I like writing fantasy, action, adventure, and even dabble with sci-fi and romance (clean romance lol) as well.

I'm not sure what else to put, but I'm in my 20s, I'm INFJ, I like dancing and cooking, I'm learning Korean and Japanese, and I really, really love animals. Epically sea creatures. 🙂

I'm a bit shy and well, introverted, so I may not be super active but I'll hop on when I can and look forward to meeting a bunch of fellow writers.

Also drop your favorite books down below! I'm looking for some new reads.

They don't have to be written by Christians or have Christian themes and I am okay with PG13 level content, but when it comes to romance, I don't read anything that goes past kissing lol.  

• Like 5

Welcome to our writing family, starry. Glad you joined us. We had a couple of threads on favorite books but I can't find them right now. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

Hey, hey, hey!!! 😄 I can think of one person right now who's introverted...whom I shall not bring forth to this Meet and Greet...LOL! Nice to meet you! 😄 To be fair, I'm sure that everyone on here is equally weird, some more than others...LOL! What kind of sweets do you like?

Favorite books? Whoo, boy, I don't know...I don't get to read much anymore since I'm preoccupied with other things, but I would recommend Silas Marner by George Eliot.

Hey there!  Pleased to meet you, I'm Grey.  I think - and hope - you'll find this forum a welcoming and wonderful place.

Some of my favorite books are The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson (series of four books), The Whole Art of Detection by Lyndsay Faye, and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  Also pretty much anything by Agatha Christie.

Welcome, Starry! Nice to meet you! And no worries, you are definitely not the only introvert here! 😁 As for favorite books, well, I could go on and on, but here are some really good ones:

The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson

The Green Ember by S.D. Smith

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson

Peter Nimble and his Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier

The Astown Burials; Outlaws of Time; One Hundred Cupboards; all by N.D. Wilson

The Lord of the Rings; The Hobbit; both by J.R.R. Tolkien

And I'd better stop now, LOL.

• 4 weeks later...