Weird Name

Sophie

Weird Name  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which first name sounds funnier/more embarrassing for a boy anti-hero MC?

• Frankincense
    • Frankfurter

Or if you have any other ideas. . .

I want an embarrassing/funny first name for a fifteen-year-old boy genius villain. . . who rides a moped, blows random things up every other Tuesday, cackles, runs into things, and has a sidekick that betrays all his villainous plots (if he doesn't accidentally tell them first).

Edited by Sophie
  • Haha 3

• Sophie changed the title to Weird Name
13 hours ago, Sophie said:

I want an embarrassing/funny first name for a fifteen-year-old boy

Assuming you want your story to work years from now, it can't be something funny for now, (like using great-grandfather names), but something that last.

One of the guest on a talk show decades ago was given the name of Santa when he was born. He was an ordinary man but the family name was Claus.

In like kind, had I married a guy with the last name of Bear, my kids would be Teddy, Honey, Grizzly, etc. Mr. Dover? Benjamin. 

Pick a last name like that and be mean with the first name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sophie said:

@Accord64 The weird names, you mean? (Sorry I haven’t seen that show!)

No, it sounded a bit like the premise of the show. It's one of those (hilarious) cartoons aimed more at adults than kids. The intro pretty much sums up the plot:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Are people just going to call him Frank?

I'd rather it not be shortened, so I'm thinking of a different name now. . .

5 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

What kind of people would name their child either of those names?

Parents that have some. . .problems (which is part of the story).

• Like 1

I remember when I was going to Junior High School, there was a classmate of mine whose name was Frank Viscivicious (Sounds like "Vicious").  The way he pronounced his name sounded like "Visavidge" (Vi- savage).  However, he was a very nice, friendly guy.

We also had a substitute teacher named Miss Meeny. I don't remember if she was a meany.  I only vaguely remember her.

I also remember a High School teacher named Mrs.  Failey.  (Mrs. Flunker?)  

• Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 9:01 AM, carolinamtne said:

Are people just going to call him Frank?

What kind of people would name their child either of those names?

Normal people wouldn't. 🙂 Although I heard a story of someone naming their child Nutella. Or Rona and Vid (or something like that) for Covid...I always wonder if those stories are true.

I'm finding this whole discussion very interesting, because i know of a movie where one of the boys is named Frankincense...

• Like 2