A quick hello and a prayer request

Mouse5

Hello everyone!

Nothing like waiting a year to jump back on here. lol 😁  So much has happened that kept my online presence to a minimum.  

Last time I requested prayer for my husband's aunt. Sadly, she passed away. With the Covid crisis we were unable to see her and there was no funeral, but she knew we were with her in spirit and she was with her kids during her last days so that was a small blessing.

My granddaughter is growing by leaps and bounds. My daughter in law is now a gymnastics coach and doing an awesome job and my son took over my husband's position as repair guy while my husband got a better paying job. Since my son and daughter in law are both working, I get lots of chances to babysit. Lucky me!🥰  My oldest daughter is now a substitute teacher and loving it. My youngest, is bargaining for a pet snake. This is still in negotiation. Not sure I'm ready for a slithering friend to live under the same roof as me. 

So many wonderful, scary and amazing things have happened over the last year. The one thing that has taken most of my attention are the two masses (We are lovingly referring to them as my gremlins. 😄) that were discovered when trying to determine why my blood pressure was all over the place. One of them happened to be on my kidney which leads me into my prayer request. I am having surgery early tomorrow morning to have this kidney gremlin removed. Once it is out they will be sending it to pathology to check for malignancy. I would really appreciate any prayers you all could shoot up for me.  

You all are always on my mind and I talk about you all frequently with my family and friends. So while I may be absent for extended periods of time you are still a prominent part of my daily life.

Blessings everyone!

• Like 1

Hey, Mouse! So glad good things are happening. But I'm so sorry about that gremlin! Will surely be praying for the Lord to guide every hand that attends you and that the operation goes smoothly and recovering is quick and complete. Be safe! 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quietspirit said:

Mouse: So sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty. Praying for you during this time. Please keep us posted on your outcome and how you are feeling. When will they deal with the second gremlin?  

They are going to sit and watch it for the time being. I was told it's noon cancerous so as long as it doesn't get any bigger it's a non issue at this moment in time.

3 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Hey, Mouse! So glad good things are happening. But I'm so sorry about that gremlin! Will surely be praying for the Lord to guide every hand that attends you and that the operation goes smoothly and recovering is quick and complete. Be safe! 😍

Thanks Lynn! 

I will update everyone as soon as I can. 

• Like 1

Mouse, I wasn't around last time, so don't know you, but I do know two things. The first is important, the second is info.

1. Mass on kidney that's not growing. Hubby had that for years, but it did start to grow and they were giving us the pre-op heads-up talk. Or, a resident was, which came in handy, since he told everything he knew, including what the VA hospital didn't intend for us to learn.

Two choices: Have it removed surgically, which meant at cut from back to front -- roughly 18 inches -- an an extended stay in the hospital. (30 days, but the VA hospital, so we already knew it would be longer. Not the best healthcare workers for in-patient.) The good one is cryoablation -- an outpatient treatment where they have you lie on your stomach, numb your back, get a biopsy of the cyst, and then freeze it out with another needle and some kind of whatever that literally freezes it to nothing.

No contest. He took the cryoablation. In at 9, and driving home at noon. It didn't hurt even when the numbing again wore off. (He could feel the needle inside, but something like a blood draw.) Double bonus: It was cancer, and yet we didn't know it was cancer until after it was gone. If you have to get cancer, that's the way to get it.

He does have another lump. One on his pancreas, but he's getting an MRI soon to see if it's grown. 

Now the info one: Pet snake. As long as it is not venomous and won't grow over 20 feet, not a problem. (Well, a little problem when they escape, but it really, really, really is his job to find the snake and put it back where it belongs.)

They do slither, but they aren't slimy like it looks. The scales are solid, so more like rubbing a leather shoe than a frog. (Frog skin is so soft and stretchy. The only time snake's skin stretch is when it's coming off to let out the new one under it.) Very cool to rub it and to keep the old skins. A little more respect from door-to-door sales people and meter readers when they see snake skins as decorations. They make good pets. They don't need to go out for a walk, (although you can give it the whole house.) They only need to eat once a week, although we're talking mouse, rat, or the babies of more tradition animals, (live), which is why I recommend not buying a snake that gets longer than 20 feet. And if they make a noise, which they don't do often, it's a whisper, so they only one hearing it is someone near the cage. Don't expect them to care for you like a dog. Don't even expect like a cat. They don't care for you at all, except when you put dinner in the terrarium every week. You'll be excepted as part of the furniture by then.

Oh and all snakes bite their human once. Be glad it's not venous. And, oh yeah it's going to hurt, but you won't lose a flinger or the stretchy part of the finger between the thumb and index -- their favorite place to bite. (Also their best move for escape. We want to shake them off.)

Both my Dad and brother had a snake. It wasn't the scariest pet. It wasn't scary unless it escaped and no one could find it.

And it you have mice in the house, let the snake out for a couple of weeks. No more mices, except you. It there is a hole in the wall snakes size let it in. All the mice are jumping out before the snake comes out.
https://www.yenisafak.com/en/video-gallery/entertainment/man-sends-huge-python-into-wall-to-get-rid-of-rodent-problem-3575272

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, lynnmosher said:

blockquote widget

Update on my surgery. It went well. I should have the pathology report in a week or two. 

Evidently I was the perfect patient and was able to come home today. So glad to be with my people and in my home. 

Thanks so much for the prayer support. 

Blessings to you all!

• Like 5

Latest update: Pathology report is back. Doc says the tumor was cancerous and they were able to remove it completely. Clinically I am labeled cured because of that. I am to be seen in 6 months for more scans to be sure all is well. Then I will have checks ups every year for 5 years after that. As long as nothing comes back then I will be completely cured of this kidney cancer. 
I am healing nicely. Incisions are clean and healthy. He says while I may start feeling better within a couple more weeks, I will need to make an effort to take it easy for the full remaining 5 weeks recovery time so as not to aggravate the surgical site and allow it to heal properly.

• Like 1