Character Uniqueness

Sarah Daffy

2 minutes ago, Spaulding said:

He was 33 and I was 24. (and we both keep forgetting we're not those ages still.) I know, "but you were both adults." How long before 17 and 30 something is adults?

Well she dies and he’s married I think so XD it could work if those two factors didn’t play into things. 😄

On 9/27/2021 at 10:08 PM, Sarah Daffy said:

What's one thing about one of your characters that is unique, unusual, or weird? For me, one of my characters gets excited over being sued by a celebrity.

What about you?

Real stuffed animals playing live stuffed animals. Here's my main cast, (before the girls came along.) In order, Spaulding, Teddy, and Phil.

February (2).jpg

• Like 3

I think for me, one thing unusual with one of my characters is that he simply doesn't care about what others think of him. Because of this trait, he, of course, has few friends and his relationship with a woman he once loved, has been put on hold indefinitely.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Grey_Skies said:

I love that idea, and may end up using it!  One question though, how long would it take for cider to to harden?

When cider has hardened, you’ll know it. Hard to imagine him drinking a lot by accident and not recognizing the alcoholic taste. Unless he’s never drunk/smelled alcohol before?

Maybe he wouldn’t notice if it was only a little bit “hard” but then he’d have to drink a great deal to experience more than the mildest of buzzes.

• Like 2

But to answer the actual question...Preen, the MC/heroine of one previous and one upcoming novel, has been a mother, a wife, and a widow all by the age of eighteen. That’s a bit unusual, at least in this day and age. Definitely a lot of living under her belt...

• Like 2

The cider reminded me of a scene from Andy Griffith. Otis, the town drunk, locked himself in his favorite jail cell, as he normally did, but first, while no one was looking, he dumped his bottle of hootch into the crock Andy used for water before they confiscated his bottle. Well, the governor of the state was coming to congratulation Barnie for tagging his car (that his driver had parked in a no parking zone). 

Barnie was anxious and started drinking the "water" from the crock, only to say, "Somebody needs to clean out this crock!" But he kept drinking and got gassed! He made a great drunk! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zee said:

When cider has hardened, you’ll know it. Hard to imagine him drinking a lot by accident and not recognizing the alcoholic taste. Unless he’s never drunk/smelled alcohol before?

Maybe he wouldn’t notice if it was only a little bit “hard” but then he’d have to drink a great deal to experience more than the mildest of buzzes.

I mean, I'm sure he's not totally ignorant where alcohol is concerned; he is in his late '40's after all.  So you make a good point.  How would you suggest getting around it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

The cider reminded me of a scene from Andy Griffith. Otis, the town drunk, locked himself in his favorite jail cell, as he normally did, but first, while no one was looking, he dumped his bottle of hootch into the crock Andy used for water before they confiscated his bottle. Well, the governor of the state was coming to congratulation Barnie for tagging his car (that his driver had parked in a no parking zone). 

Barnie was anxious and started drinking the "water" from the crock, only to say, "Somebody needs to clean out this crock!" But he kept drinking and got gassed! He made a great drunk! 😆

I've seen that scene! It's hilarious!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Grey_Skies said:

I mean, I'm sure he's not totally ignorant where alcohol is concerned; he is in his late '40's after all.  So you make a good point.  How would you suggest getting around it?

Maybe he has a bad cold...or he’s super-sensitive to even a tiny alcohol content (I’ve heard some people are...)

• Like 1

This comes from a novel of mine.  Due to the book's content, I doubt that posting the entire manuscript here on christianwriters.com would be permitted.  However, I hope this quote will be acceptable:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

"On Sunday afternoon, I was among a group of sexy, dead warrior gals, who were expected to be cooked and eaten.  All was right with the World.

"Now it's Tuesday morning.  I'm alive again, and the World's turned upside down."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think that describes a definitely unique character.

Edited by William D'Andrea

19 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

"On Sunday afternoon, I was among a group of sexy, dead warrior gals, who were expected to be cooked and eaten.  All was right with the World.

"Now it's Tuesday morning.  I'm alive again, and the World's turned upside down."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow.  Just wow.  I can't even imagine what the rest of this looks like. 😆

1 hour ago, Grey_Skies said:

Wow.  Just wow.  I can't even imagine what the rest of this looks like. 😆

Hello Grey_Skies.  While I totally appreciate your response, I have some hesitation about giving you a link to my novel containing this passage.  You are a teenager, and due to the content, it might not be recommended for you.

Warnings have been placed on the post, that it "contains violence, language and sexual content." 

I don't think I'd get in any trouble if you read the novel, at my recommendation.  I'm sure you could handle the content, but I still have some hesitation.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Hello Grey_Skies.  While I totally appreciate your response, I have some hesitation about giving you a link to my novel containing this passage.  You are a teenager, and due to the content, it might not be recommended for you.

Warnings have been placed on the post, that it "contains violence, language and sexual content." 

I don't think I'd get in any trouble if you read the novel, at my recommendation.  I'm sure you could handle the content, but I still have some hesitation.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you. 

I have thought about what you said, and decided that you'd better hold off for now.  I thank you for your thoughtfulness though, William! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

I have thought about what you said, and decided that you'd better hold off for now.  I thank you for your thoughtfulness though, William! 🙂

I'm glad to see we're both handling this responsibly.  Whenever, or if ever you decided that you'd like to read the novel, just let me know.  Then I'll post the link to you alone, in private messaging.

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

I'm glad to see we're both handling this responsibly.  Whenever, or if ever you decided that you'd like to read the novel, just let me know.  Then I'll post the link to you alone, in private messaging.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, because of changes made to the site, I no longer have access to private messaging until I am 18.  But perhaps by then I'd be ready to read it, so that could work out very nicely.  Again, thank you for your consideration.