Happy Constitution Day, Americans!

Today marks the anniversary of one of the greatest events in the history of the world--the ratifying (signing) of the Constitution of the United States of America. I say that because for 234 years it has made the USA an example to other countries--an example of what liberty, faith and trust in God, and hard work can bring.

image.png.1381affc55996e8c78e2f9ae694c31e8.png       image.png.5db258c1f56786bf9721bf30c69da992.png

image.png

Edited by Emily Waldorf

And here are a few quote to go with it! Enjoy, and bring some of your own, if you want!

"The Constitution is the guide which I will never abandon." - George Washington

"Every act of a delegated authority, contrary to the tenor of the commission under which it is exercised, is void. No legislative act, therefore, contrary to the Constitution, can be valid. To deny this, would be to affirm, that the deputy is greater than his principal; that the servant is above his master; that the representatives of the people are superior to the people themselves; that men acting by virtue of powers, may do not only what their powers do not authorize, but what they forbid." - Alexander Hamilton

"The Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the constitutions of the several states, and the organic laws of the territories all alike propose to protect the people in the exercise of their God-given rights. Not one of them pretends to bestow rights." - Susan B. Anthony

"To live under the American Constitution is the greatest political privilege that was ever accorded to the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

Edited by Emily Waldorf

When I was going to High School, in the early 1960s, there were copies of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, and other historic documents, printed in the back of the 11th Grade US History Text Books.  They were there, so that we students could read them, and learn what we'd have to know, as responsible, informed citizens.

Are copies of those documents still being printed in high school textbooks today?     

• Like 3

9 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Are copies of those documents still being printed in high school textbooks today?

My kids are all still middle and elementary aged, so I don't know about the textbooks, but my 5th grader celebrated Constitution Day at school today!

11 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

When I was going to High School, in the early 1960s, there were copies of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, and other historic documents, printed in the back of the 11th Grade US History Text Books.  They were there, so that we students could read them, and learn what we'd have to know, as responsible, informed citizens.

Yes, sir, they are! My older elementary textbooks up until eighth grade had those printed in the back of our books. The Constitution was printed in the middle of the eighth grade history textbook; so that wasn't in the back, per say. As of now, I have a mini booklet of the Constitution...that I should read through at some point.