Writing Prompt Wednesday #3

Grey_Skies

Back on track, folks!  For this fourth official Writing Prompt Wednesday, I have a challenge for you!!  So sit back, relax, take a deep breath, and . . . 

Create a drabble about a werewolf with an identity crisis.

I decided to be daring with this week's prompt.  For anyone who may not know (I didn't, until I looked it up just now), a drabble is "a short work of fiction of precisely one hundred words in length." You can do pose, poetry, whatever you like, but this will be a real test of your creative ability!

Do you accept the challenge? 😉

I accept...

---------------------------------

We don't say werewolf; we are canine enhanced. Most folk don’t believe in us, so there’s discrimination; from evil fairy tale wolves, to guys doing a "wolf whistle" when ladies walk by.

I can't even whistle. When I take a lady friend to dinner, I'll never "act like a wolf", and I'll eat politely, never "wolfing" my food.

My problem’s trickier, because I ‘m a jeweler, and that problem with the canine enhanced and silver? Real. So I’ve boosted my reputation as that snooty jeweler who’ll only deal with platinum. They’re terrified of bringing silver anywhere near. Works for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“’Werewolf’?  Oh, come on now.  It’s ‘Where wolf?’, or ’Where’s the wolf?’.  We’re looking for a real creature, not some ridiculous fantasy.”

“Are you sure it’s a ‘creature’, and not a human being?”

“It’s a human creature, who seriously harmed a female human being.”

“Would you happen to know the name of this human creature?”

“David Krendell.”

“Are you sure?”

“No.  The woman who was harmed says it was too dark for her to identify him.”

“Then he’s not under arrest?”

“No; and he’s getting himself a lawyer.”

“Lawyer?”

“So he’ll face a Judge and Jury.  Not a silver bullet.”

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wes B said:

I accept...

---------------------------------

We don't say werewolf; we are canine enhanced. Most folk don’t believe in us, so there’s discrimination; from evil fairy tale wolves, to guys doing a "wolf whistle" when ladies walk by.

I can't even whistle. When I take a lady friend to dinner, I'll never "act like a wolf", and I'll eat politely, never "wolfing" my food.

My problem’s trickier, because I ‘m a jeweler, and that problem with the canine enhanced and silver? Real. So I’ve boosted my reputation as that snooty jeweler who’ll only deal with platinum. They’re terrified of bringing silver anywhere near. Works for me.

I love this, @Wes B!  It's smart, funny, and utterly well-done.  Huge thumbs up!  Thank you for participating!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

“’Werewolf’?  Oh, come on now.  It’s ‘Where wolf?’, or ’Where’s the wolf?’.  We’re looking for a real creature, not some ridiculous fantasy.”

“Are you sure it’s a ‘creature’, and not a human being?”

“It’s a human creature, who seriously harmed a female human being.”

“Would you happen to know the name of this human creature?”

“David Krendell.”

“Are you sure?”

“No.  The woman who was harmed says it was too dark for her to identify him.”

“Then he’s not under arrest?”

“No; and he’s getting himself a lawyer.”

“Lawyer?”

“So he’ll face a Judge and Jury.  Not a silver bullet.”

Clever!  I am now curious to see where(wolf?) this goes.  Thanks for sharing this!

6 hours ago, Grey_Skies said:

Clever!  I am now curious to see where(wolf?) this goes.  Thanks for sharing this!

I'm really not sure if I'll be going any further with this.  I got the idea to change the spelling from "ware" to "where" then decided to go on with it, up to the required 100 words.

Now I'm thinking of using the word "wear".  I'll see if I can come up with something more.

My thinking this way, has me wondering if my writers block is ending.   

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1

Here's mine!  I agonized over this for almost two hours, but here it is.

Identity, a poem in exactly 100 words

There was a werewolf, sad and alone;

Days he'd drink coffee, nights he'd chew bones.

Most misunderstood of beasts was he

Feared and shunned, a soulless entity.

At the full moon he'd howl

From the shadows he'd growl,

Body trembling to the thrill - 

Fighting in vain the urge to kill.

It wasn't sport; 'twas agony

All he wanted was humanity!

A creature caught in strange limbo

Could've been a decent fellow.

"I kill," said he, "but not by choice,"

In human form, with human voice