What are 5 books/movies that made you cry?

I don't know about anybody else, but I cry when I watch or read things. I cry often, and I cry a lot. I can probably list you 10 of each, but for fear of boring you, I may list only 5 each:

Movies:

Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Julius Caesar

Midway (2019)

Anne of Green Gables

The Rouge Stallion

Books:

A Tale of Two Cities

The Girl Who could See

The Hobbit

Lad, a Dog

Jane Eyre

What are yours?

Edited by Emily Waldorf
  • Like 2

I was just a little kid when I first saw Old Yeller, and the ending just totally devastated me. I was too young to really grasp the whole "circle of life" thing with the new puppy, so I only got the downer part, while the uplifting part shot right over my little head...

49 minutes ago, Wes B said:

I was just a little kid when I first saw Old Yeller, and the ending just totally devastated me. I was too young to really grasp the whole "circle of life" thing with the new puppy, so I only got the downer part, while the uplifting part shot right over my little head...

I think I cry at Old Yeller every time. Even with the new puppy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

When my sister and I were very small children, my mother took us to see the movie "The Wizard of Oz", which was being shown in a local theater.  During the movie, my sister cried because she was scared by the Wicked Witch.  I cried after the movie ended, because the movie had ended.

Crying because the movie is over is a good reason to cry. XD

• Like 2

There are other movies/songs I can think of but there are parts that I'm not sure how Christian friendly they would be, so I won't add them in-case. Or I just decide they might be too sad to make a long list. 😄 (Sorry if they're too sad) 🙂

Movie:

black beauty - (there are many versions. The version I seen black beauty was a hero and a good horsey friend. Then he got a new ungrateful owner that beat/worked it to death.)

Since you said songs I will respond with mostly songs:

So hard to say goodbye - boys to men (r&b)

You can let go now - (country)

You're going to miss this -  (country)

• Like 1

Books: too many to mention

Movies: probably also too many to mention, but I came up with a few

LaBamba

Tombstone (yeah, yeah I know I'm a weirdo 🙄)

Fireproof

Courageous

Loves Abiding Joy (really any movies where kids die. I can't take it and if I know ahead of time I won't watch them anymore) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Songs work too, if any of y'all dry-eyed people (who I don't understand, lol), have cried at those...

But I haven't cried at--*stops self* Okay, let me rewind some of what I've said. *rewinds tape*

Yes, I believe I have cried over either songs or videos. However, they were already sad; so granted, the tear ducts decided to spring a leak. XD

5 hours ago, jayjay said:

Fireproof

I haven't seen this since I was a kid and didn't understand why my parents were bawling their eyes out over the part that the firefighter and his wife were reconciled (I knew it was a good thing, but I didn't understand why); so I need to see it again. That and Courageous. And Facing the Giants. And Flywheel. And ooh, I should watch War Room again since we got our DVD back...

Alright, I need to watch them all again. Minus Overcomer. 😆 😆

2 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

I love the way you said that!

LOL, thanks!! The popcorn I have yet to finish eating has been doing wonders to my brain... 😆 (Or it might be the raw butter and coconut oil I drench that in... 😆 😆 )

2 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Well, aren't most things you cry at already sad?

*thinks* Yes, I'll give you that. XD I had to make myself stop watching sad videos and songs because 1.) it opens doorways you don't need to open to Satanic attack and 2.) it's not good for you in general. (Granted, if I stumble across a video and it's sad, then maybe I'd cry lol. Or if someone's crying, I'll tend to want to cry as well but won't do it. XD)

I talk too much, don't I?

11 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

LOL, thanks!! The popcorn I have yet to finish eating has been doing wonders to my brain... 😆 (Or it might be the raw butter and coconut oil I drench that in... 😆 😆 )

*thinks* Yes, I'll give you that. XD I had to make myself stop watching sad videos and songs because 1.) it opens doorways you don't need to open to Satanic attack and 2.) it's not good for you in general. (Granted, if I stumble across a video and it's sad, then maybe I'd cry lol. Or if someone's crying, I'll tend to want to cry as well but won't do it. XD)

I talk too much, don't I?

Yes, certainly the butter. 🙂

Hmm...I may not have stumbled across the kinds of sad you're talking about, or I must react differently to it, because I'm not sure I've experienced points 1 & 2. BUT that being said, it's totally ok if you don't like/watch sad things. 🙂

I'm okay with lots of talk. I do the same myself, as you see.

13 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

I actually rather like sad things, which is unusual...if they're the right kind of sad, that is.

You and me both.

Movies: 

- Limelight (1952)

- On Borrowed Time (1939)

- Of Mice and Men (1939, but NOT the 90s remake)

- A Tale of Two Cities (1935) 

- Shadowlands (1993)

Book:

- Wolf Hollow, by Lauren Wolk

That's the only one I could think of.  Books don't usually make me cry, but this was absolutely devastating.

• Like 1

Movies:

- Charlotte's Web (it gets me every time...)

- Endgame (sighs sadly)

- Anne of Green Gables (i think...  or maybe it was a different one, idk)

- i'm sure there's others, just can't think of them right now 😅

Books:

- The Book Thief (this is the only book I've really sobbed over, the others are just a few tears)

- The Death Cure (Mazerunner series)

- Heartless

- Where The Red Fern Grows 

Edited by Just_Me_
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Just_Me_ said:

- Charlotte's Web (it gets me every time...)

Forgot about that one, that movie got me too... I think the book version wasn't much different, but I think I just kept re-reading and flipping throughout trying to find something I misinterpreted. 😁

Edited by Mercedes W.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Just_Me_ said:

Endgame (sighs sadly)

- Anne of Green Gables (i think...  or maybe it was a different one, idk)

My bro is going to show me this one...(That is, if you're speaking of the Marvel movie)

Annd, last time I watched this one, all the girls in the room were crying...

• Like 1

Men don't cry, we get choked up. 😉

There are several movies that have done this to me, but one that immediately came to mind is: Forrest Gump.

By the end of this movie, I felt like I lived through Forrest's life with him. He was simple, charmingly naïve, and very likable. Almost too good for this world, fragile, and had a strong sense of right & wrong. He was a true friend. While certainly not a Christian movie, Forrest (by chance or design) displayed a number of positive, biblical qualities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey_Skies said:

I actually just started reading this!  I'm not very far in yet, but it's super interesting so far!

Awesome!!  I liked the second half a lot more than the first, but its also sooo sad

1 hour ago, Mercedes W. said:

Forgot about that one, that movie got me too... I think the book version wasn't much different, but I think I just kept re-reading and flipping throughout trying to find something I misinterpreted. 😁

Yesss 100% the same, the book wasn't as hard

1 hour ago, Emily Waldorf said:

My bro is going to show me this one...(That is, if you're speaking of the Marvel movie)

Annd, last time I watched this one, all the girls in the room were crying...

Hahahaha yeah... I pretended to have a sudden urge to use the bathroom when _______ died so that my sisters wouldn't see my tears... and then I realized they were crying too 😂

• Like 2