Prayer for friend with lung and brain cancer.

Just learned from a mutual friend that a long time friend, Don, recently (5 days ago) was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer.

I haven't talked to him myself yet, but prayers have been requested. I thought the more prayers the better. All I'm asking for is more prayer so God will hear and take notice. 

I do know treatments haven't yet started, but are about to. And he has no insurance.

Don has never been a believer, which is strange because he once told me that churches gave him the willys.  But I believe this could be God's way of getting his attention before his time is up. I hope Don listenes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Oh, dear, Z, I'm so sorry. Surely praying the Lord's best for your friend. And praying for you, that the Lord will give you the right words to say to him. I always pray this prayer for an unbeliever, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” (2 Kings 6:17 NKJV)

• Thanks 2

Talked to his wife, it's not yet known what stage his cancer is and in addition to that he's got fluid on his lungs and congestive heart failure. He tires easily. Going to try and talk to him directly in a few days.

Thank you all for your prayers. You're awesome. 

8 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Talked to his wife, it's not yet known what stage his cancer is and in addition to that he's got fluid on his lungs and congestive heart failure. He tires easily. Going to try and talk to him directly in a few days.

Thank you all for your prayers. You're awesome. 

Since it is in his brain and lung, it has metastasize. It spread to two different locations before they knew it was there. The question now is quantity or quality. I'm sorry.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spaulding said:

Since it is in his brain and lung, it has metastasize. It spread to two different locations before they knew it was there. The question now is quantity or quality. I'm sorry.

We weren't best buds, just known him a long time. I also know his chances of survival are slim. I'm more concerned about him not knowing Jesus. But I appreciate the thought and I'm hoping he'll choose to know the Lord before it's too late. And hopefully have some peace.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, zx1ninja said:

I'm more concerned about him not knowing Jesus.

Father God: Please be with Don's family and friends as they stand by him as he goes through this medical crisis. Please help Z as he tries to witness to Don and to his close family.  In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen

• Thanks 1

Saw him over the weekend. He's list at least 50lbs. He's in a lot of pain from an out of alignment vertebrae that a ruin is attached to, more than the cancer. So he says. 

The chiropractor won't do anything until he sees the oncologist, which is this Thursday. Then he'll get more information as to stage and start chemo and radiation treatments. 

Was surprised when I asked if I could pray for him he said yes. 

Thank you for your prayers. 

• Like 2

For those praying.  Spoke with the friends wife, my friend went to the oncologist and found out the perceived vertebrae/rib problem is actually another cancer spot.

He declined to start chemo right away because of nurse shortages and since he worked as an air tech certifying the gas supplies. Now he's on a cancelation call list to begin the treatment. 

Was told they did have a discussion regarding, for lack of a better term, his mortality. 

His wife is limiting his exposure to people to keep him from getting sick. Hopefully I'll get to see him today. 

I think he's scared. Pray for me that if I do, I'll have the words he needs to hear.

• Like 4