Prayer Request

I was debating over whether or not to post this, but I'll swallow my pride and do it before I change my mind or forget. Heh.

I don't know how to explain this in a way that's not rude or disrespectful; so please correct me if it is, but...My mom has an issue with accusing before knowing the facts and getting upset very easily. It's hard to try to explain something to her because sometimes she won't listen, and it's disheartening and heartbreaking at the same time because she's done this ever since I was a kid. There's been a few, if not some, times that she's threatened to go back to the Philippines (which obviously can't work out because of what's going on in the world rn) or leave my dad. And there's also been times that my dad has reacted in a negative way. It happened last night right before bed, which was scary for me because he got a bit physical with my mom. (Absolutely nothing terrible happened, just a couple of pushes right by the wall; so please don't think that. It was minor, extremely minor.) This happened another time when I was a kid, and I remember he shook her. I know both of them aren't perfect, but I hate it when this happens. It's not often by God's grace, but I hate it either way.

At this point, my dad has asked both God and my mom to forgive him (and me because I witnessed it happen last night), but my mom still is holding a grudge. As much as I love her and forgive her, it hurts because she does this frequently. I'm asking for prayer for my parents' relationship to be restored, for my mom to no longer hold grudges/accusations and just forgive, and for my dad and I to have wisdom about what to say to her/what to do or not do when she starts getting upset. And for strength for me as well.

Thanks. 🙂

• Sad 4

Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry. It's always difficult for a child to witness this type of situation but worse when witnessed in the presence of it. Surely praying for all three of you, for all that is needed. Hangeth thou in there, sweet one. The Lord will bring His best solution. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So very sorry to hear this. I will be praying. And though you worried that your post might be rude or disrespectful, I think you handled it extremely well, especially considering what you must be going through right now. Try to be strong and loving and remember that you'll have a lot of people praying...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awww, y'all are so sweet! Reeee... *yes, I say weird things* Thank you all so much! 🙂

6 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Any chance that anyone would see a marriage counselor?

I do not know honestly. My dad said he'd get a counselor or whatever for anger (that was a few years ago, maybe a couple?), but I don't know where he is with that.

6 hours ago, Wes B said:

nd though you worried that your post might be rude or disrespectful, I think you handled it extremely well, especially considering what you must be going through right now.

Ah, that's comforting. Thank you! 🙂 I was concerned later on today that it would be considered gossip...But I'm guessing it wasn't.

6 hours ago, Wes B said:

. Try to be strong and loving and remember that you'll have a lot of people praying...

Yes, I about freaked over seeing ten people (?) had commented on this (notifications are a wonderful thing). It's amazing though honestly how all y'all flock together like this. 🙂

2 hours ago, Cecilia Marie said:

For He will never forsake or abandon us.

Great reminder! Thank you for that!

2 hours ago, Cecilia Marie said:

Hugs!

I will return the hugs as well!  ❤️ ❤️

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, @Ky_GirlatHeart. You handled saying this very diplomatically and were not disrespectful in the slightest. 

We are praying for you! 🙏 This is a big burden for you to bear. If you ever need to talk to a person in "real life", I urge you to go to your pastor or a trusted adult at church or elsewhere. There are also pastors available to talk with through KLOVE Christian radio, if you'd rather hear a voice but not speak to someone in person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ky_GirlatHeartSadly, we cannot change or fix our parents. Or, maybe not so sad, because that's way too much power for any one person to have. God can, but we have to remember sheep in the wilderness spend much more time in tough situations. It's not by accident. God is still sovereign.

But you need someone to talk to and give you hugs IRL while going through this. Any chance your church has a youth pastor? He'd be a starting place. If not, could your pastor give you a mentor kind of woman? A Titus 2:3-5 kind of woman? She doesn't have to be old-old. My Titus 2 women were less than a decade older than I was. (Okay. So now we're all old-old. It happens.) They were there to keep me grounded and teach me stuff I skipped learning earlier.

• Thanks 1

First off, thank you all so much for the prayers! I have never had this many people respond...ever. (Or this many people to love on me like that.) So I extremely appreciate it. By God's grace, I believe their relationship is restored. My mom's definitely in a better mood (and I am, too, but I normally am in a good mood...LOL!); so praise God for that. Thank you all again! 😄

15 hours ago, Grey_Skies said:

Feel free to PM me if you need/want to talk, and just need someone to listen.

Aw, thank you, Grey! You're sweet; I'll keep it in mind. 🙂

13 hours ago, PenName said:

If you ever need to talk to a person in "real life", I urge you to go to your pastor or a trusted adult at church or elsewhere. There are also pastors available to talk with through KLOVE Christian radio, if you'd rather hear a voice but not speak to someone in person.

Huh, I didn't know KLOVE had pastors to talk to. Thank you for sharing this advise with me; I appreciate it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Spaulding said:

Sadly, we cannot change or fix our parents. Or, maybe not so sad, because that's way too much power for any one person to have. God can, but we have to remember sheep in the wilderness spend much more time in tough situations. It's not by accident. God is still sovereign.

That's...one of the best analogies I've read yet. (Is analogy the word...I don't even know. LOL!)

3 hours ago, Spaulding said:

But you need someone to talk to and give you hugs IRL while going through this. Any chance your church has a youth pastor? He'd be a starting place. If not, could your pastor give you a mentor kind of woman? A Titus 2:3-5 kind of woman? She doesn't have to be old-old. My Titus 2 women were less than a decade older than I was. (Okay. So now we're all old-old. It happens.) They were there to keep me grounded and teach me stuff I skipped learning earlier.

LOL, I laughed when you described how old you've gotten; I'm sure it's not terrible. 😆 Yes, I do have a couple of mentors in mind; so I do have them to talk to if need be. Thank you so much for your advise as well! 🙂

• Like 4