Hello!

rkscott

Hi from Kansas! I've been in search for a community of Christian writers for a while now and stumbled onto this website. I'm a born and raised Kansan and love my home state. I grew up in church, but I did experience a sort of falling away when I went to college. But God pulled me out of that in 2015 and has done tremendous work in my life.

I'm a librarian and have loved writing since I was a kid. I remember watching the Lord of the Rings when I was eleven and then trying to write my own epic fantasy (I can't find that story anywhere lol). Since then I've written just short stories and church plays, but over the last couple of years I've written a complete novel. I'm still in the editing phase, but I am planning on self-publishing it. The story is about hope and forgiveness and I'm really excited about it. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and thank you for letting me join!

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, rk. (You'll find we do nicknames 😉) Glad you joined us. Please check with us when it's time for you to publish. There are many scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

• Like 1

AHHHHH, YOU ALSO WROTE YOUR OWN FANTASY AS A KID?! LOL! I did, too, after reading the Geronimo Stilton fantasy series (have you, by any chance, heard of those or read those when you were younger?). And howdy, howdy by the way! 😄

What are your favorite types of sweets?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

AHHHHH, YOU ALSO WROTE YOUR OWN FANTASY AS A KID?! LOL! I did, too, after reading the Geronimo Stilton fantasy series (have you, by any chance, heard of those or read those when you were younger?). And howdy, howdy by the way! 😄

What are your favorite types of sweets?

I think I read some of those as a kid, but it's been a while. But we still have a bunch of them at my library. I'm a big fantasy fan and my writing is still in that vein. The book I'm working on is a futuristic dystopia.

I really like lemon bars and reeses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkscott said:

think I read some of those as a kid, but it's been a while. But we still have a bunch of them at my library. I'm a big fantasy fan and my writing is still in that vein. The book I'm working on is a futuristic dystopia.

Huh, interesting! You have come to the right place if you are searching for writing guidance...because we will give it. 😄

Lemon bars (which I've never heard of until now...sounds kinda good though!) and Reese's coming right up!

image.thumb.png.33aacf18617a954df1499c835b44279b.png

image.thumb.png.17f3c325c95d96016986e3c13dac1ff0.png

image.thumb.png.5e7d18fbb3ca3e6345d1272866d60b0e.png

image.thumb.png.4cf450b5a69339f6201fdfb46f48ac2d.png

image.thumb.png.68d41af8ade0d68c6e3bd5c8abef51c5.png

image.thumb.png.68ca4db4acfc183976734fc04460b3e8.png

image.png.69538516f92183e9ac21c0154b00662d.png

I think the jug-sized container of Reece's should hold you over...LOL!! 😆 😆

• Like 1

Greetings and welcome!  I'm almost Kansan --about an hour east of Kansas City.  Drifting!  I can relate to that one.  I'm just glad God didn't have to raise His voice to pull me back in --of maybe he DID raise his voice at me recently...  Hmm.  Plays and skits --now that sounds like fun!  I too often get distracted and drift over to photo-cartooning to the neglect of my writing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul but not THE said:

Greetings and welcome!  I'm almost Kansan --about an hour east of Kansas City.  Drifting!  I can relate to that one.  I'm just glad God didn't have to raise His voice to pull me back in --of maybe he DID raise his voice at me recently...  Hmm.  Plays and skits --now that sounds like fun!  I too often get distracted and drift over to photo-cartooning to the neglect of my writing.

I actually wrote a Christmas play, and we performed it one time. My dad’s a pastor and we were in a very small church at the time. I remember my folks complaining that the Christmas plays they’d order from the denomination required more people than what was available to them (or willing to participate), so I did it to help them out. It was just the basic Nativity story, but from the perspective of the angels. It was goofy and cute, and I did have a lot of fun writing it.

• 1 month later...