An Update to the Saga

jayjay

Turns out, for some reason I haven't been getting emails I should have been getting from NovelPad. The founder and some of the other devs have been in contact with me via discord about the issue of losing so much work. Unfortunately, they can't get any of it back because it seems none of it actually ever saved to their server. It only ever saved locally to my browser. They've apologized and are owning the mistake. They've already put a fix to this glitch in motion.

I do feel a little better knowing they're going to fix the glitch, even though they can't do anything about my lost work. The founder offered to walk me through all the features over screenshare that I should have gotten in the welcome email series via dm.

Overall, I still really like the service and will keep using it. Just having someone from the company tell me, "I'm sorry," helped a lot. Your responses to my post about needing encouragement have helped too. I really appreciate the supportive community you've built here. For someone like me who is relatively isolated from other adult (or even mature teen) interaction, it has been a lifeline. 🤗

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jayjay said:

AND I just spent 45 minutes on a conference call with the creator of the site who walked me through every single feature of the website!

That's cool!

• Like 1

@HK1 I thought so. For those who think it's important to support Christian businesses, the creator of the site is a Christian. He was quoting Bible verses and talking about leaving Sunday mornings off his writing schedule because he has church. 😇

I sure am glad I didn't get *too* angry with them in my 2 am email when I discovered the work loss. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

AND I just spent 45 minutes on a conference call with the creator of the site who walked me through every single feature of the website!

😯

Between that and finding out he's a believer, he just did the best advertising ever without even meaning to. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jayjay said:

For those who think it's important to support Christian businesses, the creator of the site is a Christian. He was quoting Bible verses and talking about leaving Sunday mornings off his writing schedule because he has church.

That's great! He sounds like a really good guy!

• Like 1