Treasure in us

Mattaz777

"The Kingdom of Heaven is like,

a treasure hidden in a field."

The world is evil, but most people are good.

Touch more buttons than flipping pages.

Choose to hear deception than see the truth of his word.

Fill our vessels up, conversing faithlessly,

About the people we know.

Smell the dead as they pile up.

The devil couldn't stop falling from Heaven.

If he is with you, he cannot be with me.

Only God is omnipresent; maybe the problem is us.

Choose to embrace the beautiful people,

Instead of the one who loves us.

Karen is still mad at Brenda for throwing her baby in the trash.

People need help breaking the cycle.

Show me your money, I will show you your heart.

Tell if someone is happy by the corners of their mouth,

Be wary though some people love to be evil.

Some people have millions, even billions of dollars,

Twenty-four thousand people die a day from hunger,

What is wrong with this picture?

Labor and sorrows is not what we were made for.

Your life is a prize live it like you won something.

Instead of worrying about meeting the man in the moon,

We should worry about saving the man in the mirror.

What if the treasure was hidden in us?

• Like 2

'If he is with you, he cannot be with me.’ Great line, mattaz777, Sam here

'Tell if someone is happy by the corners of their mouth'

'What if the treasure was hidden in us?'

'We should worry about saving the man in the mirror.'

(I see whole poems in these lines. Very good wordage. I'm inspired, Mattaz: especially the third one on this short list: What if the treasure was hidden in us? Love it immensely.)

I wondered that also, Amosathar. And only because there are varied meanings for the word world. I was more enthralled by the beauty in the other lines that I hadn't had time to go to this 'wonder' yet. So many good lines in this work that could be made into poems of good writing. (That idea about the mirror took me back to a book I wanted to write about "The Crooked Mirror"...wow...and what it takes just to save the one in the clear mirror...yes, so much good in that line for me. Thank you, Mattaz777)

I am saying how can this be. Most people believe they are good. Myself included maybe I need to look inward at myself, if I am so good why my world look like this, and realize I am not that good. Then it goes on to some of the things I am doing wrong push buttons instead flip pages, and so on

Oh ok... well I saw this and thought I'd mention a few Bible verses to think about in regards to this statement.

This is often the misconception and the general view of the world, that most people are good people. If you ask any stranger in the street if they think of themselves as a good person I think nearly all people would say yes.

But keeping this in mind, from a Christian perspective, we really aren't good people at all.

The Bible tells us a few things that shows that without God we are corrupted by sin and we are unable to be good by ourselves or by doing 'good' works.

In Isaiah 64:6 NLT (New Living Translation) "We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind."

in Jeremiah 17:9 NLT “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?"

Our belief that we are good is an illusion, a lie that the enemy and the world wants us to believe so that we don't have to admit that we need help, that we are broken and we need to not only be saved and redeemed but be made new by God. The only thing that makes us good is the Righteousness of God given to us through Jesus Sacrifice so that no man may boast in himself or his own good deeds.

Sure, we can be good in the sense of how we act and carry ourselves, we can act kind, generous, be honest and ethical, courteous towards others, but these things do not make us good.

Romans 3:25-27 NLT

"For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he makes sinners right in his sight when they believe in Jesus. Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith."

Edited by Amosathar

Jesus used this pattern alot. What is meant by world. What is meant by good. I find a lot of help in quickly understanding the thought by asking myself what I mean by good, and then asking what does God mean by good. The meaning I found very helpful for me (in the greek) is the definition: high birth. Does high birth mean Christian birth, born again...so then I look at my phrase 'most men are good'; in a poem the phrase may and can take on lots of poetic nuances. But basically, if the word means high birth, we have a general working definition that is mostly in accord with many, many biblical verses--as the gentleman writes above. Googling the 'Math' out of a word makes writing much, much easier and flowing; not to mention more exciting for the writer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.