Prayers for wisdom

I have really appreciated the support and guidance you all have provided. I'm thankful God brought me to this site to meet all of you. 

I really need God's wisdom on how to continue writing as my "job" with 4 kids at home. I was feeling super creative and in the flow today, and I wrote 450 words before chaos erupted with the two kids who are home. It's frustrating, to say the least.

I have been writing after everyone goes to bed, but I don't know how long that will be sustainable. I was recently diagnosed with a heart dysfunction, so I need good rest. Going to bed at 1 and getting up with kids at 7 or leaving them unattended while I sleep longer isn't working for me.

Perhaps I need to adjust my expectations and be satisfied with 500 words, but I want to have peace about what I'm supposed to do. 

Thanks, friends.

Edited by jayjay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

An idea I often have thought about is using something to record myself speaking the story out loud and then all I would have to do is listen and type what I'm hearing as sometimes inspiration can occur when you're not in a place to write anything down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ecclesiastes 3:

1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Question for you: When you look back at your life, which are you more likely to wish -- for more time with your little children or for more time to write?

Writing can last for many decades. Children turn into teenagers and adults way too quickly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaulding said:

Question for you: When you look back at your life, which are you more likely to wish -- for more time with your little children or for more time to write?

Writing can last for many decades. Children turn into teenagers and adults way too quickly.

I get the sentiment. Really I do. My entire life has revolved entirely around my kids for the last 9 years. Their special needs are extensive. I'm hoping to finally start cultivating an identity again besides "special needs mom." It's a lonely, difficult identity that led to significant depressive episodes. I need *more* than just mom. 😊

• Like 2

I understand this feeling. Many times, I've even put all my writing stuff into storage thinking maybe God just doesn't want me to write. But then something happens to encourage me to pull it back out. I only have 2 kids, but the younger one is extremely unpredictable, I was never able to get her on a schedule. Not special needs, but she's superbly stubborn and has tummy issues since birth, so sleeping had never been easy for her. So I haven't been able to really dedicate a set time for writing. And oy, lady, even without a heart issue, you need sleep to keep up with your family! I'll be praying for you. Feel free to message me, I don't want to ramble too much here, but maybe we could encourage each other or even just commiserate. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jayjay said:

I get the sentiment. Really I do. My entire life has revolved entirely around my kids for the last 9 years. Their special needs are extensive. I'm hoping to finally start cultivating an identity again besides "special needs mom." It's a lonely, difficult identity that led to significant depressive episodes. I need *more* than just mom. 😊

I get that from a different place in life. (Oh, and sorry. I suggested bribing in another thread, but now I see you can't bribe.) Try coming up with a plan to have at least 4 hours a week of Me Time. (Caregiver, hubby, qualified babysitter, someone through church.) More, if you know a way of getting it. God created Sabbath Day Rest, not for him, but for us. For the whole world. (It does include resting the land, too.) We cannot function without Me Time. And you don't even have to write then. BUT, you can, if you feel like it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spaulding said:

sorry. I suggested bribing in another thread, but now I see you can't bribe.)

No worries, it made me smile and chuckle, even though it isn't feasible for me. Hilariously enough, my neurotypical birth daughter is the least likely to "win" a bribe like that. She's an extrovert of epic proportions and has to get her daily words out, usually when I'm least able to engage. 😂