Friday Funnies

My kids freak out about phones too. I forgot my cell at home once, and my son was frantic. "What if someone calls you?" I told him they would leave a message and the world would go on. Then I proceeded to tell him that when I was his age, the phone was plugged into the wall and couldn't go with me. The horror. 😱😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

LOL! Unfortunately, especially now, kids are growing more and more into this world of technology...I've watched one of my friends get a phone when she was seven and get so attached to it (particularly Tik Tok) that it would be hard to pull her outside sometimes just to play with me and her younger brother (granted, I was a tween, but still lol).

I don't know. I feel as if they should enjoy their childhood and not get sucked into technology too much. (Or, for some, just don't give their kids technology at all. *shrug*)

OR AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL THEY'RE MATURE/OLD ENOUGH TO GET A PHONE! LIKE, DUDE, THEY DON'T NEED ONE AT TWO YEARS OLD!

• Like 5

As an IT person I deal with a lot of people's computers and often when talking to them they talk about their kids and technology. A lot of them don't protect their kids from technology but allow them to get tablets and phones and hand held games because it's easier for them not what is best for the child, a lot of it comes down to better parenting. I have also had my share of parents who allow their children to use technology, but limit the amount of use and turn off their access to wifi in the evening and supervise their kids use of technology

• Like 1