Prayer Request

I will pray, but as someone who has tried to flee Christ, (and truly considered suicide one of those times), it's impossible to get away from God. Not that I didn't want to. He honestly wouldn't let me go. That's one of his promises. And now I'm thankful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Father God: Please help this confused soul. Guide his or her thinking. Help this friend and all those in her church to find a way to see that You are there beside him/her and guide them all through this time of doubt and confusion. In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Spaulding said:

I will pray, but as someone who has tried to flee Christ, (and truly considered suicide one of those times), it's impossible to get away from God. Not that I didn't want to. He honestly wouldn't let me go. That's one of his promises. And now I'm thankful.

^^^ If this person's name is in the Book of Life there is nothing she can do to lose her salvation

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Emily Waldorf said:

^^^ If this person's name is in the Book of Life there is nothing she can do to lose her salvation

Oh, what I meant is that my friend has been trying to bring this person to Christ and this person will not accept it. That's what I've heard so far and I'm hoping and praying that somehow I was misinformed

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

According to scripture, it is possible for one's name to be erased out of the book of life UNLESS he overcomes, that is the criterion by which Jesus says He will not erase one's name... overcoming.

"The one who overcomes will be clothed the same way, in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." -- Revelation 3:5

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

According to scripture, it is possible for one's name to be erased out of the book of life UNLESS he overcomes, that is the criterion by which Jesus says He will not erase one's name... overcoming.

"The one who overcomes will be clothed the same way, in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." -- Revelation 3:5

I realize you may not agree with me on this issue. I believe that if you are truly a child of God (People can make false claims of Christianity-- "Thus you will recognize them by their fruits." Matt. 7:20), God will make sure that you will overcome. I believe that it isn't possible for someone to truly have salvation and then truly lose it. If a soul that professes Christianity on earth is found in hell, the profession wasn't real. If you are truly saved, God will not allow you to be cast into hell. "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:40)

Edited by Emily Waldorf
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

If you are truly saved, God will not allow you to be cast into hell.

Yep, if you're saved, there's no way you're going to lose that salvation

Edited by HK1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Emily Waldorf said:

I realize you may not agree with me on this issue.

It isn't a matter of whether I agree or disagree...it's a matter of what God has said through His word, repeatedly warning us to remain faithful:

"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them." -- 2 Peter 2:20-21

"For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has ignored the Law of Moses is put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severe punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?" -- Hebrews 10:26-29

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

It isn't a matter of whether I agree or disagree..

certainly it isn't just a matter of opinion. I just meant that you and I will not agree on what the Bible is saying about it. To each of us, our belief is firmly written and clearly stated in Scripture. However, if you desire further debate, please feel free to PM me (I think HK1's idea is wise).

1 minute ago, HK1 said:

Maybe it'd be best if we didn't debate this on this thread and instead just prayed for ThePerilousPen's friend

Good thinking!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HK1 said:

Maybe it'd be best if we didn't debate this on this thread and instead just prayed for ThePerilousPen's friend

I think this is best. There are people I pray for that I don't always understand their actions. God tells us to pray for all.

• Like 2