Lefty Writer

When my mother-in-law was alive, we would have family gatherings at her house for meals. Our of about 20 or so, half of us were left-handed!

When I was young, for some reason, I hated being left-handed. I made myself put on my right shoe/sock first and do what I could with my right. It was also very difficult as a teen to find left-handed desks at school.

• Like 2

I'm not a lefty, but 4 of my 7 kids are! 1 stepson, 1 birth daughter, 1 adopted daughter, and 1 adopted son. My husband is ambidextrous but started as a lefty and was made to use his right hand in school, so technically, leftys outnumber rightys in my immediate family!

• Like 1

I am left-handed.  I learnt that my parents tried to discourage the use of left hand when I was very young, but it did not work.  When I became an adult, my late dad discouraged me from using my right hand to do anything!

When I was a teenager, some Christians thought it was of the devil to use the left hand to write, so they prayed for me to use my right hand to write.   

Now, I can use my right hand for many things, including writing (not very fast though).  For serious writing, I use my left hand.  For other things, I can use either hand. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aiden014 said:

It is hard to find some stuff like golf clubs and bows made for leftys, but for you that is not a problem do to you being ambidextrous 

If you ever pick up a new hobby -- something you've never done before -- learn it as a right hander. It doesn't feel comfortable at first, no matter which hand you use, right handers don't feel the need to single us out for special instructions, and, as you said, left handed equipment is harder to find.

I did that for archery, discus, javelin, and shot put. I was always lousy in gym, except for archery, field (without track as a partner), and volleyball. (Surprisingly, I was one of the better students for archery. Kind of boring once you get it though, especially if you're not a hunter. So I didn't continue.)

I learned most of my needlecrafts from lefty-books, but since I can mirror better than translate, I pick up new stitches through YouTube -- right-hander style.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aiden014 said:

Hello, I am a lefty and I don't know many others, so I was just wondering if there are any other leftys out there!

I'm ambidextrous so yes? I do more writing with my right out of habit (plus the pencil doesn't smear) but for things like eating, brushing my teeth or hair, things like that (also sometimes catching/throwing stuff but that varies as well) I use my left. 

• Like 2

I can't do anything with my right hand, and sometimes 

12 hours ago, jayjay said:

Also, I'm a huge fan of the original NES Zelda and Link. Tried one of the newer ones but the first person pov made me ill 😂😂😂

My favorite is Twilight Princess, have you ever tried that one?